Picky eater needing new protein ideas!

califsleevin
on 3/10/17 7:40 am - CA

Some recipes use oatmeal as the binder rather than breadcrumbs, so you can try that. Cutting the brown sugar back on the sauce is a good experiment, too - one of the great things about doing it yourself is that you can tailor things to your own needs and tastes (that's why I blend up my protein drinks from different ingredients rather than just take what's in the package.) Just a touch of sweetness can be a nice enhancement if it's not carried too far as is usually the case with commercially prepared foods, and if it's a taste of a sauce or glaze, usually not inconsistent with our weight loss goals.

Keep experimenting!

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 3/10/17 7:41 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

good idea on oatmeal, would probably be the same if i put in a food processor/magic bullet to make more powdery/crumb like. might be odd with big ol chunks of oatmeal :P

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

diane S.
on 3/10/17 11:51 am

yeah the cheese crisps can be tricky. Use parchment paper or slick paper plates and nuke little piles of shredded cheese for a minute to 1.5 minutes, depending on microwave. allow to cool and crisp on a paper towel.

My "normal" friends demand I bring these to holiday dinners.

Check out Cafe Frisco on the lapsf.com website for many great bariatric recipes.

Diane S.

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Steph Meat Hag
on 3/10/17 12:05 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Meat. Just wonder down the meat isle and get creative. Visit the fish counter and ask about different types of fish but also if you go to a place like Whole Foods they have recipes right there. Meat counter will be the same, a butcher can tell you how to cook meats in ways you might not have thought about.

If you like smoked/bbq style meats get a smoker. You can smoke several types of meats and many pounds of it on the weekend and then you and anyone you live with can eat it through the week. Again be creative, we smoke all types or cuts of pork, beef, and fish. We also like to put a pack of chicken sausages on there at the end which adds a lot of flavor but they take hardly and time and reheat very well.

Don't be afraid of fat. Protein, fat, then carbs. For me I'd rather eat bacon over a cookie of similar calories. Anytime I have something with sugar it creates a wave of sugary ghost to haunt me all day begging for me. If you like eggs get real eggs and cook them in casseroles, by themselves, just google up some recipes. I make crustless quiche or casseroles that have anything from sausage and cheese, to chicken and green chiles in them. Again these store well and are good for breakfast or dinner. The only thing I'd say to stay away from is spinach if you want to reheat it. It taste ok but smells terrible!

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Most Active
Recent Topics