Miscommunications

KittyKarin
on 3/8/17 8:14 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

I've only blocked two people and neither are on OH anymore so I'm currently BLOCK FREE.

I blocked one person for constantly posting pictures of herself in every single forum but never participating in any convos. Nothing personal, I was just sick of seeing her THIS IS HOW GOOD I look posts every day.

The other one was a highly loved vet that constantly humble bragged and thought that her way of eating, her doctor, her lifestyle was the best and only way and I found her very annoying. No drama, just quietly blocked her.

i like the block feature but don't use it often.

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

KittyKarin
on 3/8/17 8:24 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13
Gina 22 years out
on 3/8/17 10:28 am - Burleson, TX

I don't think VP evens comes on OH anymore. Her husband died, several months back, and mostly she stays busy going on cruises, these days

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Gwen M.
on 3/8/17 10:42 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It looks like I blocked Vivian Prouty and MayPenGirl - both for the daily spammy off topic posts.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Rachel B.
on 3/8/17 4:29 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Vivan Prouty rings a distant bell... Was she here 10 years ago?

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Gina 22 years out
on 3/9/17 7:43 am, edited 3/8/17 11:54 pm - Burleson, TX

Yes. I know her IRL. She has a heart of gold. Really. Give you the shirt off her back kind of person. But social media skills???? Will drive you bat **** crazy...

Edit to add: Rachel...if you remember her, I should remember you...but I am 10 years older now...big sigh...Did you have a different screen name then? I was Gina/Tx forever, but lost it in one the OH upgrades

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Rachel B.
on 3/9/17 3:35 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Khepera

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

peachpie
on 3/7/17 7:10 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I poopoo this.

That's my being kind.

Signed: Bull in China Shop

(Note that I'm using your words)

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/8/17 7:16 am

She was still relatively new post op. Very sensitive. One sided sensitive. She could di**** - but hated when she was called on it.

Knowing life - she either finds a new FB group of enablers, or once her emotional outbursts passes - she would be back on OH with a new name, avatar..Etc... Pretending to be someone else.

Being an adult is to take responsibility for your action. Sometimes...We need a hug.... But bite when real support is offered. Maybe she can "do adult" in her next OH life.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

odie
on 3/9/17 2:16 am
RNY on 05/26/14
On March 7, 2017 at 10:01 PM Pacific Time, Rachel B. wrote:

There's gonna be a number of folks who are going to poopoo this. But I have to say due to people misunderstanding and/or miscommunicating, someone I truly enjoyed interacting with left this site yesterday. While I doubt it was anyones intention, feelings were disregarded. None of us like to tip toe, and some have no issue with charging like bulls in china shops. I believe at some time in all our lives, we have been the bullied fat kids. I encourage everyone to be conscious of that when addressing others. Sometimes someone is only looking for a little acknowledgement. It never hurts to be kind. Of course, unless someone uses up your kindness - then bluntly call them out on their **** But otherwise, please be kind.

I so agree!! Ten people can read the same post and understand it ten different ways!! Sometimes, I read a post and then the responses completely astound me because that is not the way I interpreted the original post!! I haven't been on the boards for a week or so, not because of the "statement" being made by some vets but because of the many nasty comments. I was genuinely surprised by some of the members who decided to join in the protest because they always seemed so levelheaded!! And, some are just vicious, as you can see by how you were jumped on you in this thread. They go right for the jugular, my way or the highway sort of mentality. I'm no snowflake, I can take constructive criticism, but when people are attacked simply for posting on a forum, that hurts my heart. I think, sometimes, that some people are so unhappy with their life, that they have to take out their bitterness and unhappiness on strangers on an internet forum. Kind of like a serial tweeter we all know!! I have not posted anything in a while because it is obvious that some people lurk, not to offer advice but to spew vitriol! Keep on being a kind person Rachel, we need more of you!

To Thine Own Self Be True!!

Most Active
Recent Topics