Newbie...sort of.

nimiety
on 3/7/17 7:23 am - Brooklyn, NY

Hi there!

I'm new around here, ish. I seem to have made an account ten years ago, when I was considering surgery, but...clearly it took me a little while to bite the bullet. I'm now seven months out from VSG, and down a bit more than 105 pounds from a surgery weight of 332, hoping to lose another 35-45 pounds before hitting the year-out mark. I'm a teacher and writer and I've been drawn to this forum because it feels like it feels like it has a bit more of a self-reflective vibe than some, and that's sort of my jam. Lately I've been feeling myself needing to think through some new-normal food and behavioral stuff as things start to settle a little, and also having some tough and tumultuous feelings as I find myself in a size range I haven't occupied since I was a teenager. So it seemed like an okay day to introduce (or reintroduce?) myself.

So...hi! Looking forward to getting to know folks here.

Not Being Good: The Examined Life Post-WLS

VSG 7/29/16 // surgery weight 332 // current weight 179 // goal weight 160

Grim_Traveller
on 3/7/17 7:49 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Welcome. This is a great place. And being part of a community is a major key in long term success.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

sgg1002
on 3/7/17 8:12 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Welcome, nimiety! I am a little over 3 months out and so look forward to checking out the OH boards every work day at break. It really does help to have a support group and since my surgeon's office holds their groups only once a month and 40 miles away, I find the online group a more constant and enjoyable way to keep up with everyone.

Readyjwc
on 3/7/17 2:23 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Hi there - welcome! Glad to have you on the loser's bench!

-Jan

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

Rachel B.
on 3/7/17 2:48 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Hey! Sounds like you and I started hanging around here at about the same time!!! It's very important to be a part of a supportive network - trust me! I got wrapped up in a new life about nine months after my surgery, and slowly got off track. In NOV15, I was up to 241 again. Since last October 15th, I've lost 39 pounds. It's wonderful to know that the tool still works. It's just that we have to do our part, and maintain the diet and exercise. It is a change for life.

Welcome to the Loser's Bench!!!!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

nimiety
on 3/7/17 5:29 pm - Brooklyn, NY

I've been a member of several communities around WLS, on Instagram and other forums, so definitely know the value of having places to check in! Just continuing to look for the kinds of discussions that feel meaningful to me that are sometimes missing elsewhere. :)

Thanks for the welcome!

nimiety
on 3/7/17 5:33 pm - Brooklyn, NY

And speaking of communities, always happy for new Instagram friends! I'm emmeeaftervsg on there.

Most Active
Recent Topics