New insurance due to company selling?!

jayla21
on 2/25/17 7:09 pm

I am wondering if anyone may have been in a similar situation...

I am in month 2 of 6 for my current insurance requirements in order to hopefully be approved for Sleeve surgery this August. But I was crushed when I found out last week that the company that I work for sold off the part of business that employs me. The deal would close in 90 days (May?) and we will basically become a new company with the group that bought us. We are not merging with another company and it sounds like they really just want a smooth transaction and to keep everything as it is as much as they can. I am assuming my insurance would change due to not being part of the current company any longer. I am worried that this may affect me in my progress and its really stressful. In a prefect world I am hoping they will just keep the current things in place until an open enrollment at the end of the year and switch over to whatever they may choose. I just dont know how all this works. *sigh*

White Dove
on 2/25/17 9:00 pm - Warren, OH

Any one of those scenarios could happen.   If they change insurances, you may be able to use your current records towards the new insurance.  Hopefully that will work out for you.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

suzzzzz
on 2/26/17 5:49 pm
VSG on 06/23/16

On the flip side, the new insurance may not have a 6 mth requirement. It won't help you to worry about something g you have zero control over. Things tend to work out as they should.

Arjeffries
on 2/27/17 8:40 am
VSG on 01/27/16

I changed insurance in the middle of my 6 month period.  My new insurance company accepted the documentation from the previous 3 months and counted it towards my waiting period. 

Most Active
Recent Topics