New to the Forum! Introduction & Questions

rachelp
on 2/22/17 2:44 pm
VSG on 08/01/16

I don't really like sweets so Unjury chicken soup flavored protein was really good to have. Water flavors like crystal light. Poweraid zero. Sugar free popsicles, sugar free pudding, jello. 

I was in the hospital for 2 nights. You don't need to pack a lot. You take off what you are wearing as soon as you get there and you can put that back on when you leave. Bring chapstick, flushable wipes or baby wipes. Bring things for entertainment like your phone or ipad etc. Socks, robe.

I have a desk job too and I was back to work in 1 week no problems.

Good luck!

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

iloveravens
on 2/22/17 8:51 pm
RNY on 08/13/14

This is what worked for me!

• Crystal Light - various flavors. My number one...
  • Sugar free popsicles were a must have for me. Popsicle brand only (store brands like Kroger/Publix are sweetened with sorbitol and did a number on my stomach).
  • A step-stool to get up and in to my bed
  • Miralax
  • Ready to drink protein shakes in a few different flavors
  • Plastic 3 oz cups to pour shakes in to (so that I could refrigerate the rest until ready)
  • Dannon Lite & Fit protein yogurt (no fruit) - check w/your plan on when this is ok
  • Various broths
  • A white noise machine in the hospital since I was right outside the nurse's station
  • Phone/ipad charger (though I never used mine, I was so out of it)
  • Pads/tampons (There are a few of us that started periods that weren't due...I wasn't due for 2 weeks)

I had only planned to stay one night, I ended up staying four nights. 

Good luck!

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

AshtonE727
on 2/23/17 8:26 am
VSG on 03/07/17

Thank you for all the info!  I am hoping I will only be in there one night but I guess you can't really "plan" that part lol.

One Bad Beach
on 2/23/17 11:09 am
RNY on 11/28/16

Robe, slippers, lip balm, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, toiletries in general.  Phone, tablet, laptop....even though you won't have much time for these things due to walking.  

Remember to walk and sip and walk and sip.  You need to stay hydrated to have your strength.  I had a Monday surgery, released Tuesday.  I had to go back same day due to a bleed in my staple line and vomiting up a little blood.  I was kept overnight again, released for good on Wednesday, back to work on Thursday.  I have an office job, and I felt like I had been in a knife fight, but I was pretty good.  I have a job where I can rise and walk when needed and I always have a glass of water, tea, or a cup of coffee right by my side.

I felt good enough the Saturday after surgery to clean my house from top to bottom and do all of the laundry for the five of us, so you can expect to feel better than you were anticipating.  Most people will only tell the bad, but just remember that there is some good to all of this.  You may think that it's just too easy, but pace yourself.

Good luck!

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244

Most Active
Recent Topics