Is your body *different* now?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/18/17 3:46 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Though most of my loss was in the "usual" places I would lose from in previous diets, I definitely lost a lot more in my butt this time - AND serious loss up top (but that was mostly in the final loss and I haven't been this low since the day I got married). I'm hoping my rear gets a little less flat over time.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Lisa F.
on 2/18/17 5:14 am
VSG on 06/06/16

My body had definitely changed. My lower legs are still pretty heavy which bums me out a little and makes me self conscious. I used to have a big butt but it's more flat now. But all in all I'm very happy with what I look like now. My doctor said your body shifts a year or two after surgery, too and a friend who had the surgery told me the same thing happened to her.

Another change is my eyesight. My eye doctor told me my prescription would change and it did in a big way. Is funny how extra weight can impact the whole body!

VSG DATE 6/6/16 | SW 280 | CW 198 | GW 175 | HEIGHT 5'8 | AGE 55

ORIGINAL GOAL WEIGHT OF 175 MET: 12/6/17 (18 MONTHS POST OP)

NEW GOAL: LOSE 20 LB RE-GAIN

VSGAnn2014
on 2/18/17 9:00 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Shelterdog -- very late in responding to this.  Because I got down to a weight I hadn't been at in 35 years, yes, my body changed in different ways than when I lost weight back in the day.  This time my waistline is a little fuller.  And as others have reported, I lost a lot more booty.  

However, in the last 13-14 months of very stable maintenance, as I've increased weight resistance training and yoga, my body continues to change.  I'm getting a little booty back.  My shoulders, arms and chest continue to get more muscular and to fill out.  

Happily, I don't have a panni, just a little crease.  I have some good abs and can feel them, but they're obscured from view by loose skin.  I'd have to have a tummy tuck to make them visible.  And I'm not going to do that.  Measured my waist this morning, and it's 28 inches.  I can live happily with that.  

Likewise, my boobies are never going to return to their younger position or fullness without plastics.  Ditto the thighs.  Again, not gonna go the plastics route to change them.  I look better at my age in jeans and yoga pants than I EVER dreamed I would or could again.  

I'd encourage you to be patient and see what happens after some time at maintenance and after continuing your execise program.  Try to keep the exercise fresh.  Don't do the same thing every day.  Switch it up.  There are so many ways to move our bodies to challenge it and not get bored.  

Best wishes to us all!  

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

FuturePinUp
on 2/19/17 10:11 am

Umm hell yes! Hahah! I always have gained weight in my belly first and have always considered myself to be an apple shape because...I've always had a belly. As I've lost weight, I see that my figure is actually more of an hourglass shape than apple. 

Because I always gain in my midsection, I also thought I wouldn't really see a difference in my butt, thighs, or legs. I totally do! My thighs are definitely saggier than I expected...and my legs are actually skinny now!

I'm really looking forward to pursuing plastics though primarily on my tummy and BOOBS. I have always had a large bust and also thought I'd be lucky and not see much excess skin there (since I've lost before and retained firmness). Hah! Sadly not the case. :(

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

diane S.
on 2/19/17 12:39 pm

Yeah, my butt used to have its own zip code. Even when I was in high school and weighed close to what I do now I still had this big stick out but. Now its skinny and I have to have a padded chair. Seems like I have more even weight distribution now but there is the excess skin which I just accept. Maybe its just a case of old lady flat butt.   Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

AggieMae
on 2/19/17 6:25 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

I was attributing my flat but to age but it turns out that it's a  rapid weight loss thing. PT gave me an exercise sheet and I know I need to get on it ASAP. I think ill go start now...

shelterdog64
on 2/19/17 7:07 pm
VSG on 06/21/16

I am lunging, squatting, planking...I want a butt, but it is nice fitting in pants without fighting to get them over my badonk ;-)  

If those exercises help, share them!

Sai F.
on 2/21/17 11:00 am
VSG on 09/02/16

Mine is the same. Big boobs, big butt /cry. I did notice at first my calves were smaller vs the rest of me at one point... And it looked like I had stockings on, skin was that loose. Eventually my skin realized it and returned back to normal a few months later, and my measurements were like before, but smaller. So, yeah I think our fat, skin... Etc. does re-distribute as time goes on.

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

Valerie G.
on 2/21/17 1:16 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I too was always a pear.  146 lbs less of me revealed a lovely hourglass.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics