New to the Forum!

Lissa870
on 2/10/17 7:44 pm

Hey yall, I am new to the forum. Starting searching for people on this topic because I am choosing not to share my surgery with the world because face it  1/2 of them woulnt understand. I am 29 years old, mom of five, and BMI of 45. I am using Aetna to pay for my surgery but I just went to my first "weigh in" appointment today I have a long road and plenty of hoops to jump through before I get there. lol. Have any of you used Aetna recently to pay for your surgery? Was there any complications? I am pretty sure I have more questions but I dont want to overload anyones computer  :)

CC C.
on 2/10/17 8:47 pm

Welcome! 

Lissa870
on 2/11/17 2:52 pm

Thank you! I am just happy I found this forum, lots of questions so I hope yall are ready!

patchoulli
on 2/11/17 5:44 am - port charlotte, FL

Welcome,. I private paid, so no insurance info.   I did my homework, I have no regrets, I'm not hungry!   It's a friggin miracle!   You are young, lots of kids, risk is low, and lower with every little loss and increase of exercise lowers the risk even more.   Start now!   I know for me, the weight was affecting the quality of my life, again, keep reading on here!  The good and the not good.  It was the right decision for  me.  Marian

Valerie G.
on 2/11/17 6:06 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Damn, you looked like a fashion model in the hospital.  Rock on with your Diva self!

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

patchoulli
on 2/11/17 6:11 am - port charlotte, FL

Funny!   Made me  laugh!

Lissa870
on 2/11/17 2:55 pm

You guys are awesome, and you look amazing in the hospital! Gym 5x's a week for 3 hours a day doing mostly cardio and weights for now. Starting to count calories on Monday (going grocery shoppign tomorrow). Any advice? My 2nd "weigh in" pre op is March 10th!

jachristmas
on 2/13/17 4:28 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

Focus on protein! Chicken, fish, beef, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese..protein is key! Also reduce your carbs..I eliminated sodas, bread, rice, pasta, potatoes and sweets. I found it easier to quit cold turkey preop and begin eating closer to the way I would be eating after vsg. I also weigh and track my food on my fitness pal. Good luck and happy researching!

TaraLynne
on 2/11/17 3:57 pm

Hi, I am brand spankin' NEW to this too! So welcome:)

Most Active
Recent Topics