Excited,scared,and nervous

Casss6969
on 2/7/17 5:21 pm - Cumberland, RI

Hello everyone next week I go for my preop for surgery..,I have lots of mixed emotions imy scared but excited. I think I'm more scared cause I keep reading all the bad things that can happen. Did anyone else feel like this?? And is the first couple of days after surgery as bad as some people say it is.. please help

patchoulli
on 2/7/17 5:58 pm - port charlotte, FL

I was terrified, but knew I had to do it.  I had surgery 2/3.  Was drinking a few hours after, and was able to go home 2/4, 24 hours,. Could have stayed, paid for 2 night stay,. My daughter and I are both nurses, I'm doing well...Follow the instructions, watch your diet and start walking, stop soda...I feel better every day.

Casss6969
on 2/7/17 6:09 pm - Cumberland, RI

Thank u so much

Anita
on 2/7/17 7:40 pm

Your feelings are perfectly normal.....don't stress and don't let the stress get to you. Some people get nervous, some get excited, some scared, some just take it in stride......whatever you're feeling, just keep telling yourself that you're doing this for your health. Instead of reading the bad and scary stuff....read the positives!!

I'm not saying nothing difficult will ever happen, but there is so much positive stuff going on that it should be reassuring. For me, having this done has been nothing short of fabulous. I knew that on day 1 I would be laying in the bed thinking....what the heck did I do to myself this time????? and by day 2 or 3 I was saying.....okay, I can do this!!!

Read posts, ask questions, vent, do whatever you need to do here on the board......we're here for you! Most of all, try not to tell too many people what you're doing (yes, tell your support system, but not "strangers" or outsiders).....everyone has an opinion that they feel the need to shove down your throat, even if they have no idea what they are talking about. Talk to the people who have been there and done it (specifically those of us here on the board....) .....we're on your side.

Most of all....best of everything on your journey.....can't wait to be able to welcome you to the Loser's Bench.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Readyjwc
on 2/8/17 2:50 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Hi Casss:

I'm 16 days out. I stayed overnight and left the next day. My Dr gave me a prescription for a nausea patch and it worked beautifully. Just remember that you'll weigh more when you get out of the hospital than when you went in. All the IV fluids etc. Don't panic. It comes off in a few days.

I've had no problems except the pulling on my 5 incisions which made it hard to roll over in bed. I took the pain meds for 2 days. I feel great now. Everyone is different.

I was a tad nervous but not much. I knew I was making the right decision for myself.

Keep us posted.

-Jan

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

Casss6969
on 2/8/17 4:12 pm - Cumberland, RI

Thank you so much for your input I really appreciate it makes me feel better.

Most Active
Recent Topics