Anyone 8 years or more out? I have a question

T. Aulds
on 2/6/17 2:11 pm - Athens, TX

Oh I am so sorry to hear that. I am not qualified to give you the advice you seek. But I will tell you (even though I don't know you) that you are loved by a lot of people who I am sure is willing to help you through your struggle. I wish I could help you more. There is no shame in taking medication that your body needs. Be sure and reach out to your support group. Who ever that may be. Lean on them. They will give you the strength to get over this hurdle. I am praying all goes well with you. Just don't give up. 

Nura777
on 2/6/17 2:19 pm

Thank you! I have a wonderful support system and blessed that it's so strong.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/6/17 2:22 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking antidepressants.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Nura777
on 2/6/17 2:24 pm

I know there's nothing wrong with it, it's not my intention to sound ashamed of taking antidepressants. 

hollykim
on 2/6/17 2:50 pm, edited 2/6/17 6:50 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 6, 2017 at 9:58 PM Pacific Time, Nura777 wrote:

Almost two months. Its been so hard, yesterday I contemplated suicide...stared at a handful of ativan pills forever. Then snapped out of it and gave the pills to my sister. She works with in the social services sector and basically said I would have certainly not killed myself with only 30 pills loool. It was the lowest moment in my life. I am seeing a psychologlist and a therapist lol. I don't want to take antidepressants but I suspect I will so have no option. I am tired from being afraid and depressed. I hate my weight loss it's meaningless and I am ashamed of it. 

why are you ashamed of your weight loss? Would you be ashamed of fixing a bad heart or treatment for cancer?

Member Services
on 2/6/17 3:31 pm - Irvine, CA

Hello Nura777,

We were notified about your post by very concerned board members.  We'd like to encourage you to seek out help as soon as possible.  Often times feelings like this are temporary, but sometimes someone needs a professional to help them deal with their emotions.  We urge you to visit the National Suicide & Crisis website for numbers in your local area of professionals who are trained to help people in crisis.Their website is located here:

http://suicidehotlines.com/national.html

Or call the USA National Suicide Hotlines toll-free 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
 1-800-SUICIDE   (1-800-784-2433)  - or - 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)

We hope you seek out any help you may need at this pivotal time in your life and let us know you're doing ok.  Your fellow ObesityHelp members are worried about you.

Please keep in touch.

Sincerely,

ObesityHelp

Nura777
on 2/7/17 10:49 am

I sincerely apologize for hijackin this post. Thank you for your concern. I am doing better :) 

Elisabethb
on 2/9/17 5:39 am - Atlanta, GA
I am 9.5 years out (august 2007) and haven't experienced what you are speaking of. I know that doesn't help but just thought I would reply and let you know. I hope you find help!! Keep us posted on what they find- I am interested.
Reached onderland on March 13, 2008!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics