Anyone 8 years or more out? I have a question

diane S.
on 2/6/17 12:41 pm

I am 7 years plus and have had no such issues. Get to doctor asap. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

T. Aulds
on 2/6/17 12:50 pm - Athens, TX

I have an appointment with a gastroenterologist this Wednesday.

(deactivated member)
on 2/6/17 12:58 pm, edited 2/6/17 4:58 am

If you are really having problems go to the ER. If it's something like a torsion, you don't want to mess around. Thinking good thoughts for you! 

Rachel B.
on 2/6/17 1:27 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Last year, I started having belly pain.  It was progressing daily, eventually keeping me up at night.  I went to the ER (only cos my best friend who is also a nurse (nurses don't take care of themselves, just others)made me) and found out I had developed a hiatal hernia.  It's been nicer since I've been eating right again.

If it gets worse, go to the ER STAT.  Otherwise, good luck with the GI on Wednesday.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Nura777
on 2/6/17 12:54 pm

That's good to hear. Keep us updated.

Nura777
on 2/6/17 1:24 pm

I really pray that you feel better. But stories like yours frighten me so badly. I hate that I had this surgery screw the weight loss. Sorry, this is not about me. I am just filled with grief and fear. 

T. Aulds
on 2/6/17 1:40 pm - Athens, TX

You must have just had your surgery. I think we all went through that stage. I am 8 years out and have not hardly had any issues. I'm not even sure this has anything to do with my surgery. I was just reaching to see if by any chance anyone else has had anything similar. Keep your chin up and remember this to shall pass.

Nura777
on 2/6/17 1:44 pm

Please don't feel like you need to explain. You have every right to reach out. I am recently out and glad to hear that your well through most of your surgery. I am absurdly selfish to have typed that out :(. I really pray that you feel better. 

T. Aulds
on 2/6/17 1:48 pm - Athens, TX

Don't feel selfish. You are fine. I didn't feel like I needed to explain. I felt like I needed for you to understand what you are going thru is normal. You will not only get to feeling better soon. You will fell better than you ever have as the pounds fall off. You will then be glad you did all of this.  And thank you. I'm sure everything will workout. How far out are you from your surgery, if you don't mind me asking?

Nura777
on 2/6/17 1:58 pm

Almost two months. Its been so hard, yesterday I contemplated suicide...stared at a handful of ativan pills forever. Then snapped out of it and gave the pills to my sister. She works with in the social services sector and basically said I would have certainly not killed myself with only 30 pills loool. It was the lowest moment in my life. I am seeing a psychologlist and a therapist lol. I don't want to take antidepressants but I suspect I will so have no option. I am tired from being afraid and depressed. I hate my weight loss it's meaningless and I am ashamed of it. 

Most Active
Recent Topics