3 days out

Idreamofforeverhealthy
on 2/4/17 4:01 pm
VSG on 02/01/17

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the support so far. I just got home and I'm really battling gas pain and just trying to get the liquids in. My big incision is still really painful as well. It feels really good to be home and I'm hoping that every single day will feel a little bit better. I'm so glad I brought a variety of protein shakes as the majority of them I cannot stand due to their thickness. As of right now the only ones that taste good are the nectar fruit flavored ones. Have a great evening everyone.

Rachel 

Readyjwc
on 2/4/17 5:42 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Hi there:

Hang in there...it will get better. I made my own protein shake with almond milk and Unjury unflavored protein powder and sugar free flavoring because I didn't like all that I tried.

Just remember slow and easy. Sip...and sip some more. Then walk to get out the gas.

You're on the right road....the first week is hard.

Jan

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/17 6:39 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Hello, I had the same problem. The shakes I bought were too thick. My diet allowed skim milk, so what I did was mix my drinks with about a half cup of skim milk or fat free milk. It really helped. I don't recommend using water.

CMB_713
on 2/4/17 7:00 pm
VSG on 01/31/17

Hi There, 

Just wanted to say hello, I had my VSG on January 31st, myself, and boy, do I know what you mean about the gas! Here's to getting better every day!  Have a good night, feel well! 

Chris

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/17 7:01 am
VSG on 12/28/16

It does get better every day. You will feel so much more normal in week 3-4 than you do now. I'm 6 weeks post now and it's a huge difference even vs. week 3.  I bought a Magic Bullet and started making smoothies with my protein shakes to get through it. Good luck and let us know you're progressing.

Idreamofforeverhealthy
on 2/5/17 10:32 am
VSG on 02/01/17

It's a bit better today.  The pain still sucks, but, it's manageable. It felt great to sleep in my bed last night.  So far the unjury shakes mixed with almond milk and the nectar mixed with water are going down.  The gas pain is still there, but I'm walking a lot and feeling like my innards are just bubbling and rolling. :(

Can't wait for a few more weeks to go by and feel normal!

Rachel 

Valerie G.
on 2/5/17 1:05 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Glad you got a good supply to try - its the first thing I recommend to people trying to stock up.  Also try different temperatures with liquids.  Sometimes something tepid or warm go down easier.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

jachristmas
on 2/5/17 2:44 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

you could also try adding unflavored protein to broth, or something like unjury chicken soup. Warm, savory, and thinner than shakes but still protein.

Idreamofforeverhealthy
on 2/5/17 3:39 pm
VSG on 02/01/17

I'm loving the great suggestions!  So, I've decided that I must be a weirdo. I tried the unjury chicken broth and it tasted awful and smelled fishy. So then I put unflavored unjury in broth and couldn't stomach that either.  It seems like everyone ender liked those options. 

I am so so so glad that I listened to others and had 5-6 different types of protein. That was the best preop advice so far. It is astounding to me how weird things taste/feel after surgery.

Rachel 

Most Active
Recent Topics