End of January goal update!

Gwen M.
on 1/31/17 11:25 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It's been a month with my 2017 goals and I'm happy with them so far!  They're challenging, but attainable. Yay!  

Plastics

1. Reach plastics goal by March - 18 pounds to go. (I assume, I didn't weigh this morning.)
  2. Call plastic surgeon in January to schedule first consult for March and then surgery, hopefully, in early June - Consult scheduled for 2/21!
  3. Figure out finances for plastics - Pretty much done, as much as can be without knowing actual cost. But I have a plan.  

Fitness

1. Log at least 15 minutes of exercise EVERY SINGLE DAY* - Aside from not yet exercising today, I'm on track! 30/365 *With exceptions for surgery recovery.
  2. Achieve crow pose in yoga practice - I've done some work toward this.  

Running

1. Survive half marathon in March - Still training! Longest training run so far is 11 miles. *flex*

College

1. Pass all classes with minimum grade of B - So far so good!
  2. 2. Finish AA degree - Taking my final classes now!
  3. Begin BSes - Thinking about it.

Self Care

1. Continue monthly massages - I had to reschedule January's for early February, but it's coming up soon.   0/12
  2. Do one fun thing at least half the days of the month just for me - Didn't quite make it for the month, but I got close. 13/15, and I still have time to try to do something fun today.
  3. Participate in bereavement class at local hospice - In progress!

Cooking/Food

1. Pick one physical cookbook when meal planning each week and choose at least one recipe from that book for the week's plan - Yes! I have meal planned from 5 cookbooks so far this year. Woo!
  2. Blog all recipes from cookbooks - So... I was doing great with this and then my blog had a security breach and it's been AWOL for a security overhaul. I may or may not try to catch up once it's working again.
  3. Blog all weekly meal plans - See above. I'm saving meal plans so that I can blog them once my blog is available again.  

Relationships

1. See my mom once a month - I had a great visit in January and visits through May are planned!  
  2. One fun thing a week with Art aside from watching TV - Success! We've been having fun playing Dynasty Warriors whatever number it is on the PS4.
  3. One fun thing a week with Lance aside from watching TV - Success here too! Movies and protesting - all fun in their ways.

Make a Change

1. Complete training for [Local County] Literacy Council and actively tutor - Training is this weekend and I still have the pre-training work to complete. Sigh. It'll happen, I just need a few more hours in the day.
  2. Establish [Local College] club and have, at minimum, monthly meetings - I have chosen to attach myself to a current group instead. And I was asked to be the treasurer! I'll update this goal for February to reflect this change.
  3. Continue attending meetings in [Local Area], at least one a month - The meeting I had planned on attending was cancelled. So this is a no-go for the month.
  4. Other concrete things TBD - I'm still, still working on this one. It might need to wait until bereavement group is over. But I did attend two protests in January, so I feel good about that.

It's good to feel on track at the end of month #1 :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

roxytrim
on 1/31/17 1:54 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Your last point is my favorite...keep on keepin' on you Americans SPEAK UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS

Kathy S.
on 1/31/17 1:56 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Notaboutperfect
on 2/1/17 7:18 am
VSG on 11/08/16

This is awesome!!  You are so inspiring, thank you for sharing these!

Kelly Jean
on 2/2/17 6:30 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Way to go Gwen!!!!!!!! 

cmp067
on 2/2/17 8:40 am
VSG on 03/23/12

You've inspired me! Great list! xo

Original VSG 3/23/2012 - Revision/Resleeve 1/6/2017

Most Active
Recent Topics