Binge eating after vsg

Lethat37
on 1/30/17 12:24 pm
VSG on 07/26/16

thank you for the kind words and advice

acbbrown
on 1/30/17 7:32 am - Granada Hills, CA

I've dealt with BED post surgery. Message me if you want to chat. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Lethat37
on 1/30/17 12:25 pm
VSG on 07/26/16

Thank you, will do

Rachel B.
on 1/31/17 6:16 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Lamictal is a weight neutral mood stabilizer.  It helps with the depressive end of mood lability.  I would recommend you see someone who has knowledge and a history of treating bariatric patients.  If you ask the wrong doc for vyvanse, they see you as a stimulant seeker.  Sad but true.  Same with therapists, find one that knows bariatrics.

Therapy is really going to be the most important in the long run.  Vyvanse may be a band-aid until you get the hard work done.

I really wish you the best of luck.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Lethat37
on 2/2/17 4:30 am
VSG on 07/26/16

Thank you for the advice

MoxieStar
on 2/1/17 6:34 pm

Hi, just saw your post. It seems you and your doctor are focusing on a medicine that might help. Maybe think about seeing a therapist who specializes in anxiety and or eating disorders. I would never say don't consider meds but please also consider behavioral therapy. I have always struggled with binge eating and anxiety. In fact, panic attacks and binging feel very similar to me. Learning to manage those feelings with breathing exercises, meditation and other behavior modification therapies has saved my life. I found my therapist by calling an eating disorder clinic in my area. They didn't have a binge eating program bit were able to recommend a therapist who worked with me. I wish you luck. Don't lose hope. You can gain control. You need the right tools.

Lethat37
on 2/2/17 4:32 am
VSG on 07/26/16

Thank you for the advice and words of encouragement

mary9133
on 2/1/17 8:53 pm, edited 2/1/17 12:53 pm

5 yrs out and i've gained back 40lbs.I don't know what it is but I can't stop eating. I stay hungry. I'm in the same boat as you. I just purchased oto appetite surpressant in hopes that it will help me curb this insane desire to eat. I also forgot to add i'm always tired and my hair is falling out. you are not alone.

Lethat37
on 2/2/17 4:34 am
VSG on 07/26/16

I hope that we both find the answer that we need so that we can be successful on this journey, good luck to you

AggieMae
on 2/2/17 10:37 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

I am a life long binge eater and refrigerate grazer. My experience is that after a week or so appetite suppressant don't stop bingeing because I am not eating because I am hour hungry.

I suffer from significant anxiety and at one point had panic attacks so severe that I couldn't leave the house alone. And, honestly, up util a few years ago I also told my doctor what I wanted and was extremely resistant to following medical advice. The end result of this was that I didn't get any treatment at all. My concern is that you will continue to over eat because you too are waiting to get the (next) thing that will fix you.  Just something to think about. 

People have given you some good advice and suggestions. What helps me with grazing is 1. planning out my meals ahead of time 2. following my 4 meals a day food plan 3. Most importantly, writing down every bite of food I put in my mouth.

I slacked off on this for two weeks and though I felt my eating hadn't changed "too much" I didn't loss any weight for 14 days. On Sunday I restarted my food long and as of this morning (Thursday) I am down 3 pounds. 

Most Active
Recent Topics