Had a sudden weird craving!

Rachel B.
on 1/31/17 6:00 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Nah.  That's just not right.  I would rather abstain...

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Donna L.
on 1/30/17 3:54 pm, edited 1/30/17 7:55 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I really wanted curry!  I actually had pureed curry (not spicy) a month out after checking it was kosher.  Best curry I ever had, even if they thought I was a weirdo.  I also made several savory yogurt lassi (low carb) to have.  Very refreshing and a nice change of pace from the cottage cheese/yogurt/puree dance.

I made my own hummus post-op with protein powder blended in and used that instead of the typical refried beans/cream of wheat.  Mostly because I made a commitment to myself that everything I ate post-op had to be highly nutritive.  Was craving beans and the 2 tbsp of hummus worked great (and had some decent protein for 2 tbsp).  Still pretty low carb in that amount, too.  Nutritionist said it was fine to use vs. refried beans, and with the protein it was pretty good macro-wise.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/17 3:57 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I haven't thought about curry! That sounds delicious. Did you makw curry and puree it or was there something you purchased? I used to like the curry sauce and cook it up with lamb or chicken.

Donna L.
on 1/30/17 4:04 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

It was actually lamb curry.  I did 4 weeks of liquids because Harvey was an uppity sleeve.  I could not tolerate eggs and chicken for some time - only lamb, beef, and veal at first.  I have the backwards sleeve, heh.  I'm not surprised that even my sleeve is contrary.

I actually made it so it would have fewer ingredients, and so I would know what spices gave me issues.  I left out cinnamon, pepper, and also chile, as they are big tummy irritants, so it wasn't absolutely traditional.  I added greek yogurt to the puree to "dilute" it as well.  Surprisingly, it sat in my stomach better than the chicken breast and eggs which Harvey absolutely hates, even now.  It was not a strong curry by any means in that regard.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

NYMom222
on 1/30/17 8:25 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Love lamb curry....haven't had it in forever...  My pouch found beef agreeable from the get-go which goes against the tide... but if I tried to eat tuna salad which is mushy it got stuck and I hacked like I had a hair ball...LOL I get jealous when people put these simple cold cut roll ups on their menus... as that still doesn't agree with me. I can physically eat it, but it never feels good.

It is a weird journey...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

dagosson
on 1/30/17 9:03 pm

This sounds just like me. Chicken? Nope! Canned chicken? Really nope. I can manage a few bites of chicken thighs -if- it's marinated. Steak? no problem at all, pork is fine, turkey is fine, hamburger pattys are a real no go for me, but ground hamburger is ok if it's in a soup or chili. I can't really eat breakfast (ugh) so I've been taking my vitamins with a cup of fair life milk - since protein shakes are also not well tolerated unless I mix plain protein powder with milk and diet hot cocoa (my wonderful Dr's suggestion)

I call my pouch Oscar.... as in the grouch and we have been together since 9/28/16 :)

RNY 9/28/16 at Highland Hospital with Dr O'Malley

DubfromBP
on 1/31/17 10:06 am
VSG on 10/13/15

I was craving two things during that stage....salsa and homemade guacamole.

Funny stuff, cravings.   The reoccurring meat cravings that I have now are grilled wings and grilled salmon.  Other food cravings for me lately have been salads.  Kale, spinach and cheese, hard boiled eggs and bacon.

As far as beverage cravings.....Sumatra coffee beans from Starbucks.....ground fine, fresh brewed, 20 oz cup with 4 Splenda and some Fairlife whole milk for creamer.   Sometimes I'll toss in a full scoop of unflavored GNC whey and call it breakfast.

Live, love and make the most out of what your surgeon has done for you...........live your life without excuses and without regrets.

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/17 10:27 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I always crave salsa and guacamole! Especially spicy salsa. I look forward to my next food phase so I can have a bit of scrambled eggs with hot salsa to eat with it.

Erin T.
on 1/31/17 11:50 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Are you not allowed eggs during puree phase? I'm only 15 days out and I'm allowed scrambled eggs/egg beaters and cheese. I haven't tried it yet (just started this stage) but it's one of the "meal plan" suggestions I was given. 

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/17 11:57 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Nope. By my surgeons plan I can't have eggs in the pureed phase. I can have anything smooth with mashed potato softness( but no actual starch yet).

Most Active
Recent Topics