Had a sudden weird craving!

Heather L.
on 1/30/17 8:03 am - Coquitlam, Canada
VSG on 03/26/15

During my soft food stage at about 3 weeks out, I had a sudden and intense craving for black licorice.  It was a long month or two until I could satisfy it by sucking very slowly on the softest piece I could find.  It was amazing.

Otherwise, I actually find that I don't have specific cravings anymore. I know I'm craving something, but I can no longer pinpoint what it is, which makes it really hard to satisfy it and make the craving go away -- instead of just eating EVERYTHING until I find that one thing that does it.  I find it one of the more frustrating side-effects of getting sleeved.

VSG Mar 26, 2015 Dr. Sharadh Sampath -- 5'3" -- 47YO -- HW: 294 - SW: 261 - CW: 192 - GW: 175
Bi-lateral Brachioplasty May 8, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid
Lower Body Lift Oct 2, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid

"Weight is lost in kitchens, health is gained in gyms." - Dr. Yoni Freedhoff

heatherisshrinking.tumblr.com

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/17 11:08 am
VSG on 10/31/16

I craved and still crave, "Hattie B's" chicken.  Don't plan on having it any time soon. 

diane S.
on 1/30/17 11:56 am

I ate some haggis in Scotland (pre sleeve) and it was gross. I took just a tiny amount because I suspected I would hate it but looked around the room at people having full servings! Yuck

Give me hummus any day. Sometimes I eat a small serving with a spoon. They make so many kinds now but I like the basic. Sometimes even make my own and keep the olive oil amount low. 

No strange cravings other than at 7 years I really want mexican food often. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/17 11:59 am
VSG on 01/12/17

My favorite is the jalapeno hummus. I always love things very spicy and I am glad my tummy can handle it!

Lipsticklady
on 1/30/17 12:09 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

I don't know what haggis is and I don't want to know.  

I love hummus.  I buy the refrigerated kind and when I am feeling adventurous, I make it myself.  It's easy, it's just easier to buy.  I also love guacamole and THAT I will only make myself.  I prefer it chunky but I pureed it during that stage.  They other mushy I enjoyed (and this is weird) was making my own "chip dip" with salad dressing packets (ranch, dill, french onions) with plain greek yogurt.  Let it set over night for best results.  My kids ate ALL of the above with chips of veggies, I ate it with my baby spoon.  

My grossest craving was ...  SPAM.  Yes, it's nasty and gross looking but when I finally got to soft, it was the bomb diggity.  I still shudder when I think about it.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/17 1:24 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I love guacamole it is one of my favorites. I love it home made and pretty simple. In this stage I made myself some really smooth guacamole with a bit of jalapeno minced into it.

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/17 4:29 am
VSG on 10/11/16
Erin T.
on 1/31/17 11:45 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Totally craving spam! I think it's two things: 

1. I'm craving salt (and drinking zero calorie powerade to hopefully add some back and help that) 
  2. I want dill pickles BADLY and as a kid my mom used to make us "ham salad" with spam and dill pickles. 

I haven't eaten in years. MANY years. I did buy some deviled ham (which, per the ingredients on the label is truly only ham). Going to try that with dill relish at some point (i'm in the puree phase so I figured it would work). 

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Rachel B.
on 1/30/17 12:16 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I live in Tucson.  I crave Chimichangas...  Why do flour tortillas have to be bad????

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/17 1:21 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

They have low carb versions don't they? I love corn just as much though. My grandma used to cook them with butter on a skillet until they were soft and hot and we would eat them as soon as they came off the skillet!

Most Active
Recent Topics