Infection after surgery

Dani_plussome
on 1/29/17 6:42 am

Good morning. I am 4 days post-op and I was wondering if anyone had problems with infection of the surgical sights. Five of the sight are looking fine with just light bruise and a ring from the bandages. The sixth sight with is a little lower then the others is pink all around it and hurts. I'm not 100% sure how much of the pink around it is from the sight and how much is from the tape from the coverings. It doesn't look anything like the other ones  At this point the other ones don't hurt but this one does and has keep me on my pain meds. Just need a little advice on how to preceded. Thank you

Donna L.
on 1/29/17 7:02 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I have had horrible infections post-op (not with my WLS) and my WLS incisions were tender and pink post-op.  If you're worried call the surgeon's office ASAP.  If there is smelly discharge call immediately now or go to the ER.

In my case with WLS tape was the culprit and was irritating the surgical sites.  Sometimes we also can have a reaction to the suture material which causes redness and swelling.  As always check with your doctor first :)

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

cc583
on 1/29/17 5:59 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

I did not have any issues with my incisions but they told me to call right away if I concerned!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

cmp067
on 1/29/17 7:27 pm
VSG on 03/23/12

I didn't have issues either, but redness, heat or any kind of oozing is reason for concern. Please call tomorrow and let us know how it works out!

Valerie G.
on 1/31/17 3:03 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Call the doc...especially if it feels warm to touch.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Dani_plussome
on 1/31/17 6:13 pm

Thanks for the replys. I eneded up tracing the mark then waiting over night. Since it didn't move I wait tell my doctor appointment today. They where not super worried about it. Just keep watching for any change or a fever. So alls good!

Most Active
Recent Topics