Whatcha eating today? Thursday, 1/26/2017

Gwen M.
on 1/26/17 4:41 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Thursdays are going to be my challenging eating day this term.  I have class until 1pm and then I have choir at 7pm.  Going home and back again wastes an hour, so I feel like it'll be better to just hang out on campus but then there's the whole eating issue.  So I think I'll pack lunch and try to pu**** as late as possible and then eat when I get home from choir.  In the past, when I've eaten around 6pm before choir, I find myself really craving a hot meal when I get home.  So I'll try to work with that.  

1: protein shake
2: lunch meat and cheese
3: filet mignon

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: running and yoga stretching

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

rissa1224
on 1/26/17 5:06 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Feeling extremely discouraged today. Down about myself and my gain over the last 2 years that I cant make go away. I feel that it's now a battle that, today, I feel I am losing. I even brought my gym clothes to change into at job2 and go to the gym after work. I never do this. My days are long, but food is my addiction. If I can attempt to get my food under control, and get in an hour workout a few days a week, I can change my mindset. Grr.

B shake and a cutie

L home made beef barley soup, brought a little because the barley blew up and ill make it more watery, few chunks of pepperoni

S if needed celery & PB

D 1 cheeseburger patty on lettuce w/ cucumber and a little dressing

S probably something more protein if I am going to the dreaded gym

Water on track

Exercise, will be attempted after an 11 hour work day. I will do this intense elliptical  for a half hour, and then go in the womens weight room for the remaining half hour. I need to kick my ass into gear

Stacy_WLS
on 1/26/17 6:06 am

Keep at it.  Try to focus on the good things.  The addiction never goes away but we can cage it over time.  I've found really ofcusing on the good things in life helps me -- when I'm looking at the negative it seems that more and more just comes out that is bad.  

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

rissa1224
on 1/26/17 7:06 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Thank you! Today is just such an off day of emotions. It could be pre PMS, too. But I just looked at myself in disgust. The disgust I looked at myself when I was 326lbs. My clothes are tight.  I got down to a tight 12 loose 14 and now I am a 16. Im not a 26/28 like before surgery but, I feel defeated, just today. I am hoping forcing this gym will help get me motivated to get back there. The new townhouse we are moving to has a gym, I pray its included just as the pool is.

KittyKarin
on 1/26/17 7:30 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

Hi Rissa!

I know the feeling, believe me! I gained back almost 40 pounds at one point and I was so mad at myself for letting it go that far. 

I had to change my mindset first and then my eating and activity were able to fall in line.  For me, punishing myself for weight gained and eating off plan only backfires in a binge eventually and that binge can go for weeks!   Please be kind to yourself.  If you deprive yourself and force yourself to do crazy workouts when you are already physically exhausted, it might harm you more than help.  There are studies that show that stressing your body out trying with strict diet and extreme exercise will actually cause your body to hold onto fat and not lose weight no matter how good you eat or how much you exercise. 

When I decided that this was the last time I wanted to lose regained weight, I started walking on my breaks at work and doing some weights and stretches at the gym. Nothing to strenuous but i actually enjoyed the exercise.  I stuck with low carb and high protein food but I gave myself a lot more leeway.  I used to stress about getting exactly an ounce of cheese or only having 14 almonds instead of 20.  I am more focused now on listening to my body and eating til I am satisfied on healthy food that makes me happy. 

Just wanted to say please treat yourself well and don't force yourself to do a gym workout if you are exhausted. Or go to the gym and walk and do some yoga or some activity you really enjoy.  It's just going to stress you out to have that big gym session looming. Have a great day, hon!

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

rissa1224
on 1/26/17 7:42 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Thanks for that! I was 179lbs for 1 day, but mainly was 180. I was loving it to be honest. I am now 220-222. SO a regain 40-42lbs. I go up a few down a few. I work 2 jobs Monday to Friday. Sometimes a few hours of job2 Saturdays. I need it because I am moving and I have a strict budget. So my work day starts at 8am and can end between 6 and 8pm depending on how many hours I need to get in. I have T25 at home, I can do a quick workout at home, but why haven't I? I feel I cant wake up any earlier to work out. But I should. But I will set an alarm then turn it off and get up at my normal time to get ready for my day. I don't always go to bed at a decent time, but if I did, perhaps I can do that half hour morning work out before I get ready. I can do so good with eating, and blow it in a day. My main goal is to get back under 200. First and foremost.

KittyKarin
on 1/26/17 7:59 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

That's such a busy schedule so it will definitely be difficult but you can do it!  I don't know if you listen to podcasts but I found a number of them about weight loss surgery or just body acceptance, mindful eating, weight loss stories, etc. really inspiring and helps keep your goals in front of you.  Good luck, girl! 

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

Readyjwc
on 1/26/17 1:22 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Hi Rissa:

Don't beat yourself up - you're working two jobs! I was a single Mom and did that for 8 years - not fun at all. Do the best you can even if it's only 30 mins twice a week. Once your self-esteem gets going - you'll increase your exercise. The brain just needs to play catch up.

Good luck - let us know how you're doing.

Jan

P.S. I'm 3 days post-op and haven't lost anything but have gained 9 lbs (as of yesterday). Now that's a bit discouraging lol.  I just have to get past it. I can't cut out anything from my diet as I'm having minimal liquids as it is. Stay strong Rissa.

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 1/26/17 5:57 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

1) one sous vide egg cup i made (eggs, chunk turkey sausage, bell pepper and cheese)

2) 100 cal nut pack

3) left over steak from last night

4) protein shake w/ almond milk

5) more steak --- and then going out for a few drinks, so ill eat just a little steak before hand.

liquids + vites: so far so good.

exercise: rest day, but have 230 pushups for todays total to do for a month long pushup challenge am doing with some buddies

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Stacy_WLS
on 1/26/17 6:08 am

Well yesterday turned into a high calorie day.  I kind of just allowed it to happen and I think I'm ok with it.  I'm back at it today but going to attempt to not swing too hard the other way. 

B - fit frappe & coffee

L - going out with co-workers so tbd.

S - protein shake & yogurt 

D - chicken w/ brussel sprouts

S - cottage cheese & berries

E - crossfit & lifting

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Most Active
Recent Topics