Needing motivation and encouragement to get back on track

theAntiChick
on 1/24/17 2:33 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

I am coming to realize how much my chronic illnesses affect my diet and attitude about it.  Having a chronic condition adds more dimensions of difficulty to staying with any plan, WLS or not.  It sounds like you're being realistic about the problem, and have a multi-pronged plan to get back on track, and that's the best thing you can do.  Don't beat yourself up, just start working back toward what you know is best for you.  :)

Hugs!

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Kara D.
on 1/25/17 3:39 am
VSG on 03/02/15

Thank you! Chronic depression is difficult to live with, but I am lucky to have a good support system both from my family and my psychiatrist. And I have obesityhelp.com support and friends!

HW 303, pre op diet 284  CW 278

Valerie G.
on 1/24/17 4:13 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Winter depression is often a result of vitamin D deficiency.  When did you last get your levels checked?

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Kara D.
on 1/25/17 2:59 am
VSG on 03/02/15

It's been a while, but I'm also bipolar 2 so I have the chronic depression. I see a psychiatrist ever month for med management. I'm on a stimulant plus my antidepressants and mood stabalizers. I also sit with a SAD light every morning and read, like I'm doing right now. It's frustrating when I am doing everything right and I still have the winter blahs.

HW 303, pre op diet 284  CW 278

ipray
on 1/27/17 7:25 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Congratulations on the 98 pound weight loss! Just reaching out to those that understand our struggles (whatever they may be) at this website has helped me tremendously! Realizing and admitting our struggle is a huge step in the right direction. I am going to continue to check in, as this is the one place that helped me lose over 100 pounds and this is the one place that will help me maintain. I have taken the advice of the supporters at this site and have lost 1 pound in three days. It is probably jus****er but it has really improved my mental outlook.  (And I think the mental is the reason most of us get into the eating addiction to begin with). I have ADD and anxiety and I will have it forever, but at least we know what we have, so finding a way to live with it, without sabotaging ourselves is the answer. (And spring is almost here).  Take care!

Most Active
Recent Topics