Sleeve stretching and vitamin ****tails

happyteacher
on 1/18/17 5:31 pm

Thanks for the reply. I used to do the calcium but forgot it in my last order.  I will pick some more up. I found that the multi got my iron levels up with the extra iron patch- made me stupid happy given it was the first time in years I was out of the anemic range. The patch has worked extremely well for me so far :) 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

stacyrg
on 1/19/17 12:47 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

I recently asked my surgeon his feelings about the patch.  He gave them his blessing and told me we'd run labs after 2 months of continuous use.  Starting them in February

Lisa.17
on 1/17/17 1:04 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Thanks! I'm with you on the vitamin doubt. I'm taking the first gummy vitamin I found that didn't look too heinous. Now I'm rethinking everything. If I have to do this the rest of my life the patch sounds like a good idea.

This is my one but I don't vouch for it yet: https://www.amazon.com/Vitafusion-Multi-vite-Vitamins-Adults-150-Count/dp/B002H0KZ9M/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1484687005&sr=8-1&keywords=vitafusion%2Bmultivites&th=1

stacyrg
on 1/19/17 12:49 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

Dr. Cuneen's partner just gave the patch his blessing.  It'll be interesting to see if it's now going to be a recommendation of the practice or if each individual doctor will do their own thing

cmp067
on 1/19/17 12:53 pm
VSG on 03/23/12

Ha! I had my follow up with Dr. Cunneen yesterday, and they said his fellow told me they were not fans of the patch because the effectiveness is not documented to their satisfaction! Where did you hear his partner gave it his blessing?? They also said that the standard in their practice is Bariatric Fusion, 2 pills twice a day. No wonder we are all confused! Haha!

stacyrg
on 1/19/17 1:37 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

I specifically asked Dr. Burch about them at my last appt. (1/4).  He told me that my labs are good enough that he would be fine with it for sure.  He does want to draw labs after 2 months to make sure I stay stable.  He told me he has a few other patients that have transitioned.  I'm going to start with the patch on 2/1 and see how it goes.

AD_Jordan
on 1/17/17 9:16 am
  • I'm taking TWO multi-vitamins. They're currently chewables, but when this bottle is gone, I can switch to a regular vitamin, because I've advanced to the Unrestricted Diet Phase**.
  • I'm taking a calcium citrate supplement w/Vitamin D and magnesium.
  • I have a prescription acid reducer. I've tried omeprazole and ranitidine, and will be asking for something stronger at this week's appointment. Disclaimer: I had reflux BEFORE surgery.
  • I'm also taking 'Actigall', a prescription medication that's supposed to help reduce the chance of forming gall stones. I'll be taking this until I'm six months out.
  • And I have (OTC) biotin for hair loss/growth. Some say it works, some say it doesn't. The Nurse Practitioner doesn't think it will hurt.

I also have seasonal allergy meds, unrelated to the sleeve.

**My surgeon's diet phases are:

1: Clear Liquids (2 days Post-Op)

2: Bariatric Full Liquids (7 days)

3: Pureed Foods (3 weeks)

4: Soft Solids (4 weeks)

5: Unrestricted Textures

Unless you're having trouble tolerating the phase, in which case you step bac****il you're comfortable.

VSG on 11/15/16 . . . HW: +/- 265 . . . SW: 252 . . . CW: 187 (as of 5/22/17)

Lisa.17
on 1/17/17 1:08 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Thank you for taking the time to share all that I really appreciate it! And your avatar is ADORABLE!!! 

happyteacher
on 1/17/17 2:21 pm

Sleeves relax compared to being newly sleeved for sure. I am not buying into it being a stretched out mess though. I had a very large hiatel hernia hit about 4 years out. Going into that surgery for repair the doc warned me of an impending revision due to the stomach being all stretched out of shape. During surgery, however, once he smushed the stomach back down where it belong it resumed a normal shape so no revision. Truly, if a stomach was going to stretch out on someone it would have been me. I had a large sleeve originally (up in the 40's) so in theory more of the stretchy portion left compared to my smaller sleeved friends. I am over 5 years out and my restriction is excellent. If I do a couple of days of liquid diet (sometimes I do to rest my digestive system) the restriction is downright oppressive. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics