Sleeve stretching and vitamin ****tails

Lisa.17
on 1/16/17 2:41 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

A couple ladies from my graduating class are actively studying to be herbalists and planning for their families to go off grid. Watching them share everything they're learning is fascinating. She has contacts in Europe who're doing the same. All this makes me feel utterly vulnerable at how dependent I am and how ignorant of the natural world. :-/ Anyway...

Hope you don't mind, a link is easier: https://www.amazon.com/HairAnew-Unique-Growth-Vitamins-Biotin/dp/B00I65AGHI/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1484606269&sr=8-1&keywords=HairAnew+Plus

Rachel B.
on 1/16/17 2:50 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Looks pretty good.  You won't need the additional biotin. I just remembered.  If you like Jello, that is an excellent source of collagen for nail & hair growth as well.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Valerie G.
on 1/16/17 4:36 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

The Hair Anew product will make your "new" hair underneath your scalp healthier as it pushes out the old.  It won't prevent the shedding of Telogen Effluvium.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Lisa.17
on 1/17/17 12:46 am
VSG on 01/05/17

* sigh * I feared as much. :( Well. On the positive side it'll still be winter and wearing a pretty scarf or wig won't be seen as too eccentric.

ItsTimeNow99
on 1/16/17 7:55 am

Vitamins.......At my Immersion Day at Tufts, I had to opportunity to sign up for and have the doctor's prescription accompany my application for Nascobal B-12 nasal spray, which is used weekly.  With the Nascobal I receive Bari-Activ chewable vitamins - calcium, multivitamins and iron for free.  It's a great deal and come directly every month to me.  I'm hoping to get the prescription changed to 'swallow' vitamins when I go for my 3 month follow-up on Thursday.

Stretching........I try not to think about it.  I do know if I make a mistake and eat one tiny bit too much, it does not put me in a happy place.  So overeating is not in my cards.

P

HW -265; SW - 251; CW - 154

Surgery Date- 10/12/2016!!

Lisa.17
on 1/16/17 2:20 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

I wish I had an opportunity like that, good for you! I've opted to begin taking a B12 injection asap. Bloodwork scheduled this Friday. We'll see. I'm right there with you on taking in just a little too much. My stomach lets me know without a doubt where my new bottom is. Best luck at your follow-up!

rachelp
on 1/16/17 8:23 am
VSG on 08/01/16

My surgeon said that the stretchy part of your stomach is removed so it really can't stretch. It relaxes over time but we are talking maybe 1/2 to 1 oz max. He said people will turn to eating slider foods for every meal and claim they stretched their stomach. Yes, in a couple of years your plates of food will look like what normal people "should" be eating. 4 oz of meat and two 1/2 cup serving of veggies. Make that macaroni and mashed potatoes then you could eat two bowls. It's your choice!    

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

Lisa.17
on 1/16/17 2:22 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Good advice! And yes, that's what I'm trying to concentrate on when I look at what I'm taking in and think it's not enough. It's absolutely enough. What I was doing before was disordered and sick and I don't want to go back there!

CC C.
on 1/16/17 9:44 am

Talking to my surgeon the other day, he said not all sleeves are the same.  He said it's much easier and faster for a surgeon to make it bigger rather than smaller and patients have no idea. He thinks that's why there are such discrepancies in the measured success rates for the surgery (ie % of excess weight lost, which varies from in the 40% range to the 80% range). So if some people are left with more stomach to start with they can obviously hold more, but maybe is that extra tissue stretchier than if they just had what makes up a small sleeve? That last part is my guessing.

So according to him, while personal responsibility is key so is the surgeon's technique at the get go. Then again, surgeons often have big egos so he was selling himself there too...

Lisa.17
on 1/16/17 2:27 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

It sounds reasonable. I'm watching a lady on YouTube who had the sleeve and proved she had no problem whatsoever eating just about anything she wants and never did. She can even eat sweets. During filming she took several looooooong swallows of a big glass of tea through a straw, like half the big glass. Said she could do that from the start and it never hurt her. Something definitely going on there. She was very big at the beginning though like me and maybe that's why her surgeon - if he did - left her a bit more room to maneuver. It didn't serve her and she's having a revision now. Big as I am my surgeon sleeved me down good and tight. I can eat 100mL at a time, no more, and be good just about all day. Hopefully that'll help in the long run.

Most Active
Recent Topics