Hello X-BP'rs!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/14/17 6:06 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I figured rather than saying Welcome to every X-BP'r, I'd just post a Hello & Welcome to the Forum. I'm just a regular person here, not an admin or anything like that & I see there is a flood of newbies to the site.

I'm not a vet but offer support when I can. I responded to someone else here about support & just wanted y'all to know there's plenty of support here & on the other forums. Just keep in mind everyone gives support in their own way & post in their own way. Some will give the rainbows & unicorns & some will give a kick to the rear & everything in between.

All I can say is give it time. What is said on 1 end can be heard differently on the other. Miscommunication does happen on these boards! Someone says 1 thing, the other hears something else, a post goes way left, feelings get hurt etc, etc.

I'm lucky that some of the people (vets, newbies etc)I've talked with here I've met in real life & they have been great & am proud to consider them friends. I hope y'all stick around & get some of that experience if you haven't gotten it already.

Again Good Luck & I'll see ya around on the boards! 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Lipsticklady
on 1/14/17 6:22 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

I'm three and a half years out and totally a kick in the ass-er.  I don't coddle or justify.  Do what you need to do to succeed or suffer the consequences.  To me, tough love it REAL love.  I am only a biatch because I care.  

I mean that.  

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

4MRB4PHOTO
on 1/15/17 8:21 am
VSG on 07/28/14
On January 15, 2017 at 2:22 AM Pacific Time, Lipsticklady wrote:

I'm three and a half years out and totally a kick in the ass-er.  I don't coddle or justify.  Do what you need to do to succeed or suffer the consequences.  To me, tough love it REAL love.  I am only a biatch because I care.  

I mean that.  

You don't have to be caring to be a biatch in our eyes.  :)

(You are the "real deal"; keep posting in your style, I enjoy that!)

Lipsticklady
on 1/16/17 2:04 pm
VSG on 05/14/13
On January 15, 2017 at 4:21 PM Pacific Time, 4MRB4PHOTO wrote:
On January 15, 2017 at 2:22 AM Pacific Time, Lipsticklady wrote:

I mean that.  

You don't have to be caring to be a biatch in our eyes.  :)

(You are the "real deal"; keep posting in your style, I enjoy that!)

I love you.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

shelterdog64
on 1/14/17 7:37 pm
VSG on 06/21/16

Thanks for the welcome!  I'm a relative newb, 7 months out from VSG but doing well.  I appreciate a swift kick when I'm being an idiot and a loving unicorn fart when I'm kicking myself.  BP stopped being a place where I could be real and get real support...glad to find you guys!

Highfunctioningfatman
on 1/14/17 9:47 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

Thanks for the warm welcome! 

theAntiChick
on 1/14/17 10:21 pm, edited 1/14/17 2:21 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

"What is said on 1 end can be heard differently on the other. Miscommunication does happen on these boards! Someone says 1 thing, the other hears something else, a post goes way left, feelings get hurt etc, etc."

That's the part that's gotten lost at the other site.  :)

Most of us refugees are looking for straight talk and advice/experience from people who are further down the road than we are, without having to coddle people who aren't looking to really make a change in their lives and just want validation for poor choices.  :D

And thanks for the warm welcome!!!

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Notaboutperfect
on 1/15/17 12:39 am
VSG on 11/08/16

Thank you!  I've just left bp, hoping to find the crowd a little more informed and better at communicating. 

Beth C.
on 1/15/17 4:57 am
VSG on 01/19/17

Refugees  love it!

Thanks for the welcome, I was a noob there of two weeks so I am glad I found out how it really was before I was into deep. 

I am a VSG noob as well 4 days to go until surgery!! Excited, nervous, scared all in one.. I am a straight shooter so hoping to get help and give it as I make my way through life's next challenge. 

Heaviest-325

Starting W-243

Surgery day-227

Raymia
on 1/15/17 6:05 am
VSG on 02/01/17

Thank You for the warm welcome : )

Most Active
Recent Topics