Just Landed

Beth C.
on 1/25/17 3:55 am
VSG on 01/19/17

Post Op day 6

Feeling so much better as of the last two days. It was crazy how drained I felt. In the hospital all I wanted was sleep, I hated hearing my phone as answering a text was interrupting my rest.And it got better:

Day 3 I got 20 ounces of fluids in.

Day 4 40 ounces with a multivitamin added to my water and 20g protein. 

Day 5 52 ounces!!! With multi vitamin and protein

doc office called how much am I walking?? Have I begun Mira-lax?? I am consuming 300 calories on this clear liquid diet not sure how they expect me to walk all day long... But I did begin Mira lax yesterday with her advice. 

Post op check up today.. down 7 pounds from surgery day YAY!!!!!!!!

Heaviest-325

Starting W-243

Surgery day-227

Beth C.
on 1/25/17 3:33 pm
VSG on 01/19/17

Had my follow up appointment today. Doc said I look awesome and can move to full liquids!! So glad, I needed soup lol. Got out and active today and feel tired at end of the day but all in all I feel good. 

My my tummy is sore as expected, I stopped pain meds and each day have increased fluids. Trying my best to do all I am supposed to to get better before I return to work on the 6th.

Heaviest-325

Starting W-243

Surgery day-227

Beth C.
on 1/27/17 3:29 pm, edited 1/27/17 7:29 am
VSG on 01/19/17

Day 8 post Op. 

one week ago ago today I came home from the hospital, miserable, thirsty, sore and exhausted. I was so happy to be home. I sipped and slept and got through the next few days. 

Now since my f/u appointment Wednesday I have been on full liquids. For me that is mainly:

• premier protein
  • decaf green tea
  • strained/thinned Cream soups
  • Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt thinned 
  • SF Popsicles

I am at 40g of protein a day and 60 total ounces of fluids Goal is 60g Protein. Mostly water and one small bottle of G2 for electrolytes. I am on liquids for two weeks and drool over refined beans everyday lol. But I am doing well losing a pound a day..walking and increasing steps daily and when I get bored I fill in info I have read in my handwritten Sleeve notebook, or reading. I want to keep my self busy and learn where others have slipped so I can avoid the pitfalls. 

My my throats still hurts, and I sneeze and sneeze all day long, I read about a Vargus nerve or something that can be the post op cause so I will deal and see if it goes away. 

One more ore week off and Hubby has a minor surgery Thursday so we will see what next week brings. I will follow Gods path and know I am strengthening everyday. 

B

Heaviest-325

Starting W-243

Surgery day-227

Beth C.
on 2/5/17 10:03 am
VSG on 01/19/17

17 days post op... Tomorrow is back to work for me. 

I have begun puree and soft foods now, mainly ricotta bake, refried beans and yogurts. Down 14 pounds since surgery and working on what my overall plan is. 

I have slowly increased my calories and am at 600-700 a day now. 80-85g of protein and 80 oz of water. Pain wise I am now good with the exception to my right side, I have a spot from my ribs and into my back still sore and makes bending uncomfortable but at only a little over 2 weeks I will be patient for it to pass. Energy wise I am good until the afternoon I want to nap, with returning to work naps will be gone, and maybe it will push my energy up.

This is week goals:

I will resume my multivitamins and walk more. 

I will add in a new food to see how my tummy likes it

Heaviest-325

Starting W-243

Surgery day-227

Most Active
Recent Topics