New and clueless

Lisa.17
on 1/14/17 8:43 am
VSG on 01/05/17

Thank you Cathy! :)

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/17 7:26 am
VSG on 12/28/16

On You Tube you can watch AskDrA. His video series will answer anything you need to know about sleeve.  Each one is a couple of minutes and you can look through and choose the topics that interest you or just binge watch.  It was very informative to me and, most important, is the same info I was getting from my surgeon and nutritionist who both have worked with thousands of bariatric patients.

Lisa.17
on 1/14/17 8:45 am
VSG on 01/05/17

Excellent, thank you, I'll do that. :)

Lisa.17
on 1/16/17 12:53 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

I found Ask Dr A and another series by Dr. Matthew Weiner that also seems to be good. Enjoying watching these very much, thanks for the info!

Lisa.17
on 1/14/17 10:46 am
VSG on 01/05/17

Ladies (and Gentlemen, if any), before I get back to my reading I wanted to update a bit. I've been stumbling around for a couple days now feeling rotten, thinking it was the anesthesia coming out of my system and the adjustment phase. I was told any generic vitamin would do so that's what I got (gummies) and I've been taking them daily. Doing so-so on getting my water in. Taking in anywhere from 1-1.5 liters per day (33-64 oz.), so that's not urgent.

However during reading I came across another bariatric patient who uses the FitDay tool to record her nutrients and remembered I have that too. After plugging in my day I found I'm taking in on average about 140-150 calories, 1 gram of fat, 23 grams of carbs, and 10 grams of protein per day for the past week. I'm probably going to be bald as a cue ball in three months and fall over altogether eventually. So thanks again for pointing me in the right direction to learn how to do this thing.

jentexas
on 1/14/17 6:58 pm
VSG on 12/29/16

I just sent you a PM as well.  Just a note - my doc said no to gummies as your tummy has a hard time digesting them.  I did liquid and now do chewable vitamins (which all taste horrible but the chewable Centrum taste less horrible than others)

Lisa.17
on 1/16/17 12:55 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

I've been holding them in my mouth until they melt. Hope that isn't wrong but so far so good.

Most Active
Recent Topics