Progress Update

AD_Jordan
on 1/11/17 5:05 pm
  • I'm 57 days out from surgery, and up to the 'soft foods' stage.
  • I've lost 30 pounds, and 9 inches from all over my body.  The pants I wore the day before surgery? Saggy, and falling down.
  • My practice recommends 30 minutes/day of cardio, plus some strength training.  Too cold now for aqua-size, but there's a Zumba class at the community center. There was a class THAT NIGHT, so I suited up and went.   Bonus:  Their Saturday morning class uses weights, which the NP says is considered strength training.  I've been to every class since.
  • THEN? I bought a couple pairs of exercise pants. In the REGULAR Ladies' Clothing section! I haven't been able to do that since.... ? Uh...? Yeah. I can't even remember when.  NSV!
  • Saw my parents over the holidays. They've been away since shortly after my surgery. My mother couldn't stop staring at me. In a good way. They're really happy that this tool is working for me. because they know what I've been through.
  • I got my hair cut. She had to remove about four inches, because it was just frazzled beyond repair. There's some minor hair loss all around my face, so we're keeping an eye on it.   And I'm taking vitamins.
  • TMI: Constipation is still a thing, so I'm friendly with prunes. They've also reduced my calcium (temporarily) to just one a day.  I'm taking "Calcet", which I like a lot better than the tablets. They're pricey, though. 
  • The other day I was running late to get the kids to school, and I opened my drawer to find ONE pair of jeans.  Just looking at them, I knew they 'didn't fit'.  Threw them on anyway.  HOLY COW! THEY FIT!   NSV again?!
  • There's still a little tightness at the top of the sleeve which translates into chest discomfort. We know it's not cardiac, because I've been tested six ways to Sunday.  That's expected to go away in a couple of months.
  • Reflux seems to be better with the new med, but not completely gone. We'll discuss it next week at my follow-up appointment.  Can't really blame this on the sleeve. I had it before surgery.

Overall? GOOD STUFF!!!    I had to go back to the hospital ONCE for dehydration (and they also checked to ensure my pouch hadn't sprung a leak.)  I'd like to have a little more energy, but that apparently comes with time.  

I'm just about at the point where I say "WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS YEARS AGO?!!"  

Thank you to everyone here for being so kind as to share your wisdom and experience.  I come to the forums every few days to keep myself on track.

VSG on 11/15/16 . . . HW: +/- 265 . . . SW: 252 . . . CW: 187 (as of 5/22/17)

Pams-A-Changing
on 1/11/17 7:08 pm
VSG on 08/17/16

So happy for you--I'm enjoying the journey too!

HW  326

SW  310

CW  252

Rachel B.
on 1/11/17 7:37 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

CONGRATS!  Stick around, the support you give, and receive, is invaluable to all!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/17 7:25 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Sounds like you are experiencing a lot of positive changes and you have been able to get over the rough patches.  Great news!!

Most Active
Recent Topics