Liquid Diet Almost 3 Years Post Op

KrissyKooKoo
on 1/10/17 10:34 am
RNY on 07/22/19

I've tried it but lately I feel like I have no willpower.  I'm on day 2 of my liquid diet and no hunger so far!  Just a little head hunger when I'm around all my coworkers eating fried food!

happyteacher
on 1/11/17 2:25 pm

Sounds like it is working for you so far, and it seems to have fairly rapidly stopped the carb craving issues. When you go back to "real" food avoid those carbs or at least be crazy careful how many carbs at one time. I used to keep carbs to 30 or less for a meal and 15 or less for a snack, and this for a long time kept those cravings at bay. Now I have to drop it a little lower for that result. If you are not familiar with the glycemic index it might be very helpful for you. Good luck and keep up the rededication to a healthy you!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/10/17 10:56 am
RNY on 08/05/19

You sound exactly like me-- I got pregnant at 150lb and hit 191 by the end of pregnancy. My son is now 14 months old and I STILL struggle; I lost about 10lb, but I've gained it back and it's pretty much my own damn fault. I'm hovering around 180, I want to get back to 160, and it seems darn near impossible. So I feel you 100%.

I've found that the key thing to do is to hold myself accountable. I log EVERYTHING, even the crap I eat when I have an awful day and get way the hell off track.

Going back to liquids never ends well. The best thing to do is to force yourself to stick to your pre-op habits of "dense protein, few carbs" and one of the best ways to do it, weird as it may sound is to do a few days of nothing but meat. Based on the "five day pouch test" I made a half-joke site called the "five day meat test," but it's an offshoot of the "meat week" challenges the RNY board does once in a while. I've found it works WAAAAAAY better than going back to shakes, and certainly couldn't hurt to try.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

kelliej806
on 1/11/17 8:33 am - IA
VSG on 02/04/14

I'm doing the liquid diet over right now to detox from a small gain. I'm more than a week in and I'm not having any trouble with cravings or wanting to eat everything in the house. You can do it and survive if you really want to.

Most Active
Recent Topics