Comparing notes ....

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/17 7:59 pm, edited 1/9/17 7:48 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Since I have had my VSG surgery, 10/31/16, my urine stream/flow (sorry if it is TMI) is very weak. I am drinking a lot of fluids and seem to go quite a bit. The end of January I see my surgeon so I can have it addressed then but wanted to see if anyone has experienced this.  Should I be worried??  

Anita
on 1/8/17 8:02 pm

Hi....can't say I've had that problem other than once or twice over the months, but if you are concerned, give the doctor's office a call....nothing says you have to wait til the end of the month if you're not sure of something. Call and put your mind at ease......

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/17 8:06 pm, edited 1/8/17 12:16 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

You're right, Anita.  I will call tomorrow. Thank you!

jachristmas
on 1/9/17 5:32 am
VSG on 12/14/16

I know you say you are drinking a lot of fluids, but maybe it still isn't enough and you could be dehydrated. What color is your urine? If it's light/clear you are most likely drinking enough, but if it's dark yellow that's usually a good indication that you need more. I would go ahead and call and not wait until the end of January, in case you need to be seen sooner. Don't want you to end up in the hospital.

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/17 6:19 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Hi JA - it is clear/light.  I emailed my doctor's office last night so should hear back today. Thank you so much.   

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/17 9:12 am, edited 1/9/17 1:32 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Update: My NP emailed and said I need to contact my PCP.  It is not normal.  Could possibly be UTI or weak pelvic floor muscles.  I have no pain. PCP calling back to schedule appt. 

Anita
on 1/9/17 11:21 am

glad to know that you contacted them....it's probably something simple, but better to address it now rather than later. I'm glad you didn't wait til the end of the month.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/17 1:58 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Thanks, Anita. I feel better I didn't wait. t have an appointment on Wed. with my PCP. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/17 9:34 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Results back today, no UTI!  PCP took me off fexofenadine (Allegra) for a while to see if that helps. If problem continues see PCP in 2 weeks for referral to urologist.

Rachel B.
on 1/12/17 9:50 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I would suspect it's probably not a huge issue and will work itself out with time.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Most Active
Recent Topics