Hair loss

Simonster57
on 1/3/17 11:09 am
VSG on 09/27/16

Does anybody have ideas how to deal with rapidhair loss?

It started 3wks ago and is fresking me out! Hand fulls. Im shedding worse than the dog in summer. 

Any ideas? 

rachelp
on 1/3/17 12:08 pm
VSG on 08/01/16

I am too and I have thin and fine hair to begin with. I plan on cutting my hair shorter if I need to. There is nothing we can do. It will stop on it's own. 

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/3/17 12:14 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Hair loss seems to be less noticeable with a short hairdo. I rocked a pixie cut until my hair stopped falling out, and I camoflagued the thin spots on my scalp with brown eyeshadow. Not fancy, but it did the trick!

You can also find "hair fibers" that you sprinkle into your hair to make it look thicker. I had really good luck with those on especially bad hair days!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

KTnj63
on 1/4/17 6:43 am
VSG on 07/07/16

Ugh,  I started shedding about 3 weeks ago.  I am just about 6 months out of surgery I was hoping I was one of the lucky ones but apparently I was wrong. My doctor told me early on this could happen but it will grow back. He also said nothing would stop it. Grrrr.   I'm hoping this passes soon. Also at a bit of a stall but still happy with my success.  Didn't gain anything at the holidays but didn't lose either.  Back on track 100% now.  

Valerie G.
on 1/5/17 4:26 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Get a new hairdo that has some cute layers.  You cannot stop this phase (google Telogen Effluvium to learn more), regardless of how much protein or biotin you ingest.  The new hair pushing out the old will get the benefit, and the layers will blend in that new growth so you don't look like a chia pet.  Throw in some highlights and enjoy the new you emerging.  This phase lasts just a few months.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Simonster57
on 1/5/17 12:57 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

Thank you for your help.  I tjink a part of me knew theres nothing to do but ride it out. Short hair has never been my best look. At least ill be healthy and in skinny jeans. 

Most Active
Recent Topics