I have NEVER struggled with my weight.

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/16 1:37 pm

I don't post so much anymore, but thought this was something to share. As some of the long timers know, when I post it's usually something I need to hear, be reminded of, or take in myself.

On this journey I have learned many things. A few months ago I had a change of perspective. It is a perspective I will be carrying with me into the new year because it helps me be honest with myself and my eating - every single day. 

I have never struggled with my weight - EVER. I have struggled with making the correct food choices. I have struggled with using food as an emotional crutch - whether to celebrate or to console and soothe. I have struggled with the amount of food I ate in one sitting to feel that Thanksgiving full at every meal. I still struggle today to keep sugar at bay (a personal Achilles heel). I have struggled desperately with trying not to eat when I wasn't hungry, but eating something anyway. My struggles have always been and are with the choices I make regarding food. My weight is simply a by product of those choices. 

This concept may sound like a "duh" to some of you. Yet, when you really sit and think about the concept, it's very powerful. When you recognize that the struggle is in making choices and weight is simply a result of your choices you can begin to look at your weight without judgement. Without judgement getting in the way, you can own your truth and start making the changes in choices you need to make to continue your success on this journey.

Here's to owning our truths and choices in 2017!  

Arjeffries
on 12/30/16 2:02 pm
VSG on 01/27/16

So true for me. That really provides clarity and puts the weight loss struggle in perspective.

Most Active
Recent Topics