Amerihealth NJ Requirements?

kmsxo
on 12/22/16 11:26 am

I have AmeriHealth nj Tier 1 advantage, but it doesn't take effect until 1/1/17 I am wondering if anybody has Amerihealth nj as their insurance company and if you know what their Bariatric surgery requirements are? I would greatly appreciate it!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 12/22/16 1:32 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Can you call them and ask for a copy of the benefit book? Even if someone has the same insurance company, it doesn't mean that their coverage will be the same as what you'll have.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

hollykim
on 12/22/16 3:59 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 22, 2016 at 7:26 PM Pacific Time, kmsxo wrote:

I have AmeriHealth nj Tier 1 advantage, but it doesn't take effect until 1/1/17 I am wondering if anybody has Amerihealth nj as their insurance company and if you know what their Bariatric surgery requirements are? I would greatly appreciate it!

have you made sure YOUR employer has paid for bariatric coverage for its employees. If they haven't paid for that coverage, it won't be covered, regardless of what the requirements are.

kmsxo
on 12/22/16 8:01 pm

My insurance is not through my employer. I checked in my benifita handbook and it says bariatric surgery is covered but it's not effective until 1-1-17

Luizadasilva
on 12/8/17 8:46 pm

Hello! I was just looking for coverage on AmeriHealth Tier 1 advantage and came across your question on the web. We're you able to get the surgery, and if so, how much was your out of pocket and the requirements for surgery? It's not through employer just like yours, and will only take effect January 1, 2018. Thanks!!

Most Active
Recent Topics