I'm Joining the Loser's Bench on 1/9/2017!

akindofmagick
on 12/19/16 10:54 am - MD

I didn't freeze anything for me, but did have plenty available to feed my family with minimal work on my part for the first 21 days. 

For me, I had sample packs of protein powders (in case my tastes changed - they didn't) and puddings (I loved the white chocolate sugar free with unflavored Unjury the best, but had other flavors as well), plus all recommended vitamins and supplements. In today's world of internet purchasing power, it's so easy to place an order and have it delivered within two days.

Surprisingly, the one thing I worried about: water - was the thing I needed to worry about least. Before surgery, I didn't like plain water, only carbonated. Afterwards: I'm never without my bottle of ordinary, plain non-fizzy water.  So I guess my tastes did change a little!!

Best of luck, and have fun!! It's the best long-term benefit you'll ever do for yourself and your family!!

:)

I've been fat, and I've been thin - and thin is better.  

There is a better way. --Alaine of Lyndar 
--------------------------
HW: 234. SW: 228 (18 June 2015). GW: 137. Specs: 50ish, 5'4"

Babygotsleeved
on 12/19/16 2:08 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

Congratulations! Jan 9th will be here before you know it! I stocked up on shakes and sugar free jello and didn't have much of any of them. I found that after my 5 day liquid diet, I hated protein shakes! I also seldom ate the jello, or the popsicles/fudgesicles either. I didn't have trouble drinking. My tastes stayed the same in Crystal Light and other flavors. For protein, I discovered soups to which I added unflavored protein powder. I used beef vegetable (no grains or potatoes!) and bean soups. My favorite is Campbell's Bean and Bacon. They do have more carbs, but they also have fiber and my body needs fiber!

Everyone is different and you will need to find what works for you. Best wishes for your success!

dawncoates
on 12/21/16 12:07 pm
VSG on 12/07/16

Congratulations!!!!! Time will seem like it is crawling at least it did for me. I would suggest having vitamins and proteins ready to go.

MzReckley
on 12/28/16 12:22 pm
VSG on 01/09/17

I sure will! Thanks! 

Most Active
Recent Topics