Whatcha eating today? Friday, 12/16/2016

Gwen M.
on 12/16/16 4:12 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Temp is in the teens, feels like is in the single digits.  I do not want to leave my house today.  Ugh.  I know it's going to be freezing in the fitness classroom this morning :/  But... if I can make it through my early morning, today is the best day because it's massage day and, aside from one quick errand on the way home, I'm FREE for the rest of the day.  Yay rah!  My next three days are super busy, but Monday and Tuesday have nothing scheduled.  I just need to make it until then :D  

1: protein shake
2: leftover beef stew
3: teriyaki chicken, cauliflower with sesame seeds, rice for the guys

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: pilates yoga hybrid class, tai chi class, pilates class (so far this week I've done all the exercise I had planned to do, which is awesome for me - last month I missed a lot of things on two days a week, but I'd gotten to where I was just missing one thing a week, so now, hopefully, I'm on track!  Although tomorrow is going to kick my butt big time.)

What's going on with you today?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

rissa1224
on 12/16/16 5:16 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

TGIF! The scale for me is slowly going down, but its going! Today is a 11 hour day, but I get to stay at a hotel with my best friend, and my 2 God Daughters. She works for a hotel, so she gets room super cheap. We are going to dinner at Habit Burger - some new place. I will yelp the menu. But I packed healthy snacks. I brought them diet hot chocolate, and I brought a Premier Shake for me to warm up for my 'hot chocolate', Veggies & hummus.

B 1/2 shake in decaf coffee -its bitter cold this AM

L left over from dinner last night (Ah-Mazing). Zoodles, in a lite cream sauce w/ sun dried tomatoes, artichokes (I added them, it wasn't in the recipe) and chicken

S since its a late dinner, I have either celery & 1tbsp hummus, or nuts & berries, or 1/2 greek yogurt w/ berries.

D Habit Burger, ill google the menu. Prob just a  burger no bun.

Liquids on track

Exercise, playing in the pool with the kiddies if that counts!

Rachel B.
on 12/16/16 5:20 am, edited 12/17/16 12:14 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

EGD this morning. 

NPO

But that big drop finally hit the scale this morning!

God bless my beloved coffee

AM: Coffee (50g 5 Sparrows SF white mocha, 50g Torani SF Peppermint syrup, 90g 1% milk) + ON white chocolate protein

B: String cheese

L: L&F Greek yogurt

S: red grapefruit (I'm craving this )

D: 100g Soybeans (shelled Edamame)

S: Chocolate Mint Protein Bar

Water & Vites when luscious coffee complete

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

jachristmas
on 12/16/16 6:08 am
VSG on 12/14/16

My first menu post  I was just sleeved Wednesday so it's not very interesting, but anyway:

B: Premier Protein caramel shake (sipping slow, could take awhile to finish)

L: Unjury chicken soup

D: Maybe some beef broth with added protein powder or another shake.

Continuing clear liquids between meals and vitamins taken already. Still pretty foggy brained from anesthesia but will be taking short walks periodically to clear out the rest of the gas.

heidikat72
on 12/16/16 6:35 am - PA
VSG on 06/17/16

Looks like you are doing great! that brain fog takes a few days to clear. Keep sipping and walking - you're on your way!

heidikat72
on 12/16/16 6:38 am - PA
VSG on 06/17/16

TGIF! This week has seemed incredibly long! Struggling to find the motivation to exercise this week - I've been exhausted at the end of the work day. I think I need to try to get up and hit the gym before work - we'll see how that works out, I've never been a morning person!

Breakfast: cottage cheese

Lunch - 2.5 oz shrimp with 1T ****tail sauce

Snack - 3 segments of red grapefruit, 2 olives and one herb cheese stuffed cherry pepper - weird combo but hey...

Dinner - chicken sausage and 2oz of turnip/celeriac/carrot mash (clean out the veggie bin from last weeks farmer's market purchase)

Fluids and Vits  - on track

Stacy_WLS
on 12/16/16 7:50 am, edited 12/16/16 12:22 am

We are having our annual 'pig out party' tomorrow.  It is my husband's family xmas tradition.  It is going to be very hard on my husband because he is on full liquids only and Sunday goes to clear liquids.  He isn't tell his family about the surgery, so I know it is going to be akward.  

Tonight we our putting up our tree and need to wrap packages for the kiddos tomorrow.  My son really wants to make french silk pie from scrath.  So that and Chicken wings will be my contribution to the party tomorrow.  I will prboabyl also get some veggie trays.  My sister and brother in-law have turned veagen since last year, so I think we are going to get some interesting eats from them.

Today:

B - chike & coffee

L - leftover thai

S - protein shake / maybe coffee

D - probably taking my son out for some one on one time -- not sure where

S - cottage cheese & strawberries

E - 3X10 Front Squat, 10 min ARMAP 60 bar facing burpees, 30 Overhead Squats, 15 jumping pull ups, 15 dips  (I might have to scale this -- I'm not sure I can complete even one round in 10 minutes).  + Hockey Game!

On a side note -- I'm so happy to be back here.  I got defensive a few days ago about my weight gain.  While I'm content with my size and fitness accomplishment -- I do think I need to clean up my eating and would be happy if I lost a little bit of weight.  It has been easier to clean things up with my husband changing his eating, but also with the reminders here.  

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Joshua H.
on 12/16/16 8:15 am
VSG on 10/26/16

B: Shrimp ****tail (I forgot how much I liked this option -- need more bay shrimp)

S: Premier Protein

L: Either something from the company holiday party (unlikely) or chicken salad

D: Seems like a soup day -- could be chili

Meds/Vits: Done

Exercise: Raining here today -- hopefully it clears up.  Got out for 1.82 miles last night -- my longest walk in a single stretch since surgery.  (I got up to 3.1+ per day prior to busting up my knee)

cappy11448
on 12/16/16 8:47 am

Happy Friday, Everyone,

I can't believe another week has flown by.  I'm doing projects for my non-profits, and arranging my trips to Spain this spring and Disney with the kids and grandkids this summer.  Plus, I'm putting every extra minute into learning Spanish.  I'd like to limit my "overwhelm" when I start the immersion program and everyone is speaking only Spanish to me.  I've studied hard, and I know a lot of words, but my oral comprehension is still very poor.  But studying in Spain should help that!  I'm thrilled and scared at the same time.

In the mean time, I'm still up 4 pounds from last week.  But I continue to persevere.  I've got to do this for myself.  I won't let the obesity win again.

breakfast - salmon

lunch - chicken with Dijon and lime.

dinner - ham and green bean casserole.

I made some new dishes yesterday, but I want to finish off the leftovers first. 

I hope you all have fun plans for the weekend.  I'm planning on staying close to home, to avoid this nasty cold weather.  It'll give me lots of time to study my Spanish.

Have a good weekend, all.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Most Active
Recent Topics