Whatcha eating today? Wednesday, 12/14/2016

Babygotsleeved
on 12/14/16 11:52 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Well, I'm only 2 weeks out and still on full liquids. I can't stand shakes and my doctor allows blended soups as long as there are no noodles/rice/potatoes. This is my 3rd day back at work and am doing well. Even resisted the Christmas goodies, although the smell had me salivating ALL day yesterday! Anyway...my day looks like this:

6 am  decaf, 1/2 c. Fairlife skim milk, tsp fiber & full scoop unflavored protein powder

10 am: 1/2 cup lentil soup with roasted vegetables blended w/water and 1/2 scoop protein powder

1:30 pm: 1/2 cup black bean soup blended w/water and 1/2 scoop protein powder & tsp fiber

4:30 pm: 1/2 cup Three bean lentil soup blended w/water and 1/2 scoop protein powder

7:30 pm: 1 cup Fairlife skim milk w/1pkt Carnation light instant breakfast & 2 tsp fiber

Water on track for 8+ cups plus a 16 oz with fiber drops

Vitamins done

Calories - 698

Protein - 116 g

Fiber - 25 g

I'm not allowed to do anything but walk, so try to walk extra at work and home to get about 2 miles in.

So far a tasty and satisfying day! :)

TeenSleever
on 12/14/16 7:19 pm

My surgeon wanted to eat only 3 meals and no snacking and that was not an issue before. But for the last year-ish (i now know it is from acid accumulation) even after i eat a good protein meal, I still get a feeling that my pouch is empty around 1.5-2 hours later. Not only that but I get that yucky feeling one would normally get when they have not had something to eat for a while such as a headache etc. The surprising thing is that when I would eat a snack, I feel extremely stuffed after the 1st bite which indicates that I was not hungry (or my pouch was not empty) in the 1st place. So now I am learning to ignore the feeling when it comes or take some antiacid. Today was my 1st trial at not snacking at all.

B: 1 boiled egg and fava beans

L: Budding's 100 calorie corned beef pack, a piece of cheese, and a few green olives

D: 4 meatballs on top of a very small amount of pasta

Most Active
Recent Topics