PCOS trouble 2 years post-op?

Rachel B.
on 11/27/16 9:44 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I'm gonna be a turd and ask if you have been working with your endocrinologist, which I'm sure you have.  Have you researched fellows or diplomates in the field that you could contact?

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

linison
on 11/27/16 1:11 pm
VSG on 10/13/14 with

I actually haven't. I've been seeing a reproductive endo for the last year but she hasn't given me much insight on anything other than what might and might not work to make a baby. I'll make an appointment with my regular endo and see what she says.

Rachel B.
on 11/27/16 3:44 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Another little 'Mr. Obvious' here, the harder you're working to get pregnant, and more stressed about it, the harder it is.  I knew a couple that tried for years - shots, scheduleing, invitro, and when they gave up and took a vacation, they got pregnant.  It sounds like its been a horrible struggle.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

linison
on 11/27/16 4:52 pm
VSG on 10/13/14 with

I appreciate your reply. I do feel obliged to let you know that tellin someone struggling with serious infertility to "relax, it'll happen" is more hurtful than helpful though. The problem isn't stress for us. My body doesn't ovulate obits own, hardly ever. The one thing my doctors told me I could do to help, for years, was to lose weight. That didn't solve our problem, but I am healthier now and in a better place to tackle the infertility. 

Again, thank you for your reply. I will see my endo.

ladygodiva1228
on 11/29/16 4:18 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

She wasn't trying to be hurtful in telling you to relax it will happen. 

I can tell you my neighbor of 9 years who is MO has been trying to have children for 15 years.  Her and her husband had done everything and spent a ton of money on trying to get pregnant.  They came to the conclusion 4 years ago that having children just wasn't in the cards for them.  They stopped trying and started enjoying life.  Five months after doing that she got pregnant and gave birth to a handsome little boy and just this May gave birth to a beautiful daughter.  She is in her early 40's also.

You may not think you are stressed, but your body knows better.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

colleeb
on 12/3/16 10:04 pm

HI 

I too have Pcos I currently have lapband looking at revision to sleeve. i struggled with infertility also however was able to achieve pregnancy and have 2 children 19 and 13. I was wondering if since your weight loss have been on metformin. I really found metformin helped controlled my symptoms even when I wasnt trying to get pregnant.

I hope you find some answers, i know how frustrating it can be.

linison
on 12/4/16 5:09 am
VSG on 10/13/14 with

I haven't been since my surgery, no.  In lab tests I never tested positive for insulin resistance

colleeb
on 12/4/16 3:57 pm

I would talk to your doctors.

I myself never tested positive either however whenever I went on Metformin it seemed to settle my symptoms so I asked if I could try and doctors were ok with it. It seemed to settle my carb cravings and also helped regulate my period.

Most Active
Recent Topics