Genpro Protein

takingarisk3825
on 11/20/16 5:13 am

I am considering buying Genepro Protein .  Who has bought it? Were you satisfied with it?  does it really have as much protein per spoonful as it says ?  Any input will be appreciated . 

Hippie Lady
on 11/20/16 6:08 am - Warren, OH

It is a very successfully sales-pitched hoax.  They did not discover a way to put two tablespoons of protein into a tablespoon of powder.

Protein supplements are not regulated and nobody knows what is really in Genepro.  But the body building population that relies on protein, does not use Genepro.  They insist on protein that they know works.

Genepro targets the weight loss surgery community, because they are uneducated about protein.  They tell us that we are getting a secret formula that defies basic physics.  You cannot pack 30 grams of protein into a 15 gram tablespoon.  Just like you cannot store two cups of water in a one cup jar.

Your body needs high quality whey protein isolate.  Don't waste your money and risk your health on this clever marketing scheme.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

takingarisk3825
on 11/20/16 6:32 am

Thank you for the information .  What protein do you use or rreccomend?

Gwen M.
on 11/20/16 6:58 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I agree with White Dove.  I'd like to see actual research about the efficacy of Genepro and, as of yet, I haven't seen it.  I have seen lots in the body building community avoiding it.  

I recommend sticking with a Whey Protein Isolate protein powder.  I, personally, use Optimum Nutrition, since I think the ingredients and stats are solid.  You can get sample packs from Nashau Nutrition from various brands.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

kayebadoe
on 11/20/16 6:46 pm
VSG on 08/11/08 with

My favorite too. Now my daughter is the one that started this thread but you know daughters they never listen to there mothers

I don't have any regrets, they can talk about me plenty when I'm gone....Bob Dylan
Rachel B.
on 11/21/16 7:49 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I did not start this thread!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Hippie Lady
on 11/20/16 7:07 am - Warren, OH

Unjury is an excellent source.  There are many others and it is a good idea to buy sample packs to try out different ones. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Donna L.
on 11/20/16 9:21 am, edited 11/20/16 1:21 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I wasn't as big a fan of Genepro.  Other brands that are good in addition to the ones mentioned are Isopure and also Syntrax Nectar.  Isopure has very

Other brands that are good in addition to the ones mentioned (Unjury and Optimum Nutrition are two of the best) are Isopure and also Syntrax Nectar.  Isopure has very high quality isolate.  They are very good.  Syntrax Nectar is nice for a chance of pace.  I use their iced tea protein powder.  They also have other flavors, too.  

Hydrolyzed whey is the most digestible as it's already partially broken down.  I used the Optimum Nutrition Hydrowhey post op because I was having issues eating (I have digestive autoimmune disorders), and it helped tremendously.  It has 30g protein/serving.  It is, however, pretty expensive compared to isolate.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

AK_Gipson
on 11/20/16 11:48 am, edited 11/20/16 3:48 am
VSG on 04/14/14

I try to stay as low carb as possible.Usually net (carbs minus fiber) between 35-50 carbs a day.

i use isopure zero carb protein. It comes in several flavors. I mainly use unflavored (to mix with food or to use as creamer in my coffee), or banana creme to add to sf pudding or faux banana ice cream. 

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

diane S.
on 11/20/16 12:13 pm

My hubby really likes Spirituine and I agree it tastes better. I think its organic whey so its at health food stores. Also Like TerasWhey. Again, better taste. Both are a little more pricy.  Diane S.

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics