Whatcha eating today? Saturday, 11/19/2016

Gwen M.
on 11/19/16 12:58 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Right now I don't want to do anything to fix the skin issue unless I get it documented first, but thank you!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

jujuh
on 11/19/16 11:37 am - Northern Cincinnati Suburb, OH
VSG on 06/03/16

B - protein shake

L - Sirlion salad wedge with balsamic vinegarette 

S - protein bar

D - leftover grilled chicken and broccoli, a couple pieces of fruit

W - need more, been running errands not drinking like I should

V - done

E - walked for an hour this morning, already have over 10,000 steps

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 11/19/16 12:06 pm
Revision on 03/14/18

Cold one here in Ohio today and has been snowing off and on. Yesterday it was in the 70's. Crazy Ohio weather. 

B: 2 eggs cooked with a slice of sargento ultra thin cheddar cheese in the middle, coffee

S: Starbucks tall gingerbread latte ( my usual weeeknd treat)

L: 3 slices of thin slice deli ham rolled up with whipped cream cheese, 6 cheese cubes

D: taco casserole

S: organic protein shake if still needing more protein

water and vits: almost done

Exercise: lots of walking today between shopping, friends dog and house cleaning. 

Mary Gee
on 11/19/16 12:36 pm, edited 11/19/16 4:37 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Hi Folks.  Still trying to work my program.... things are looking up as I'm taking positive action now-not just talking about it!

Morning:  1/2 Protein Coffee.

Breakfast:  One scrambled egg w/ 1/2 oz. Provolone and 1/4 cup roasted red peppers.  So good.

Lunch:  4 oz. boiled shrimp w/ some lettuce and 2 Tbsp. ****tail Sauce.

Snack:  Hard boiled egg.

Supper:  4 oz. boneless Beef Ribs Cauliflower w/ Cheese Sauce.

Snack:  S/F popsicle. 

Totals:  Calories: 880   Carbs:  34   Protein:  83 

Water:  64 oz.

Vitamins:  Not complete...have to fill up my Pill Holder with all my meds and vitamins.  That's a major project, and I know I'm missing some so I'll have to go to drug store tomorrow.

Going to make some homemade Yogurt in my Instant Pot.  Recipe is for plain Greek Yogurt... I'll break it down into fourths:  1/4 plain for cooking; 1/4 w/ S/F Raspberry flavoring and Equal; 1/4 w/ S/F Pistachio Pudding (first time trying this); and the last 1/4 w/ canned Pumpkin, Cinnamon and Equal -- my current favorite flavor!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Donna L.
on 11/19/16 1:23 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I need to figure out WLS meal planning for one better.  I cook too much of single meals and then get bored.

Bought a turkey for myself (50 cents a pound!) and I'm defrosting it to make roast turkey for many low carb meals.  I'll be using the carcass after to make bone broth.  I also continued the process of decluttering my apartment - tossed three bags of stuff today.  How did I get all this crap?!

Meal #1: Cottage cheese w/30g protein from protein powder.

Meal #2: Unbelievably I still have all this chicken >.> Hopefully it will be gone after today.

Meal #3: Continuation of the chicken which never ends.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Arjeffries
on 11/19/16 1:39 pm
VSG on 01/27/16

I think that would be very hard to cook for one. I get bored easily with the same meal. I freeze leftovers for lunches and other meals if I have any which is not too often.

Donna L.
on 11/19/16 5:10 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

It is tricky.  I may just start freezing portioned meat and buying sides/spices to change it instead of whole meals.  We'll see how that goes with the Turkey.  I spent $8 on a 16 pound one so if it doesn't work out I won't chastise myself too much.

I did used to do freezing of individual meals, but for some reason they were giving me an upset stomach.  Maybe it's psychosomatic, as other leftovers were fine.  It may just be best for me to cook smaller to avoid boredom and annoyed tummy.

I'm doing a financial food challenge where I eat everything in the house before I buy groceries again, so hopefully that will help me habituate back to it, too.  

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Recent Topics