Just got home from my Sleeve surgery.

Gladgrad
on 11/18/16 6:16 pm

I have some pain and lots of brusing.

I am able to drink quite a bit, which is nice.

Hours after surgery I was vomiting blood, very red blood. This happen to any of you?

But I am home now. Now the fun begins.

VSG 11/17/16  down 18 lbs so far.

Hoping to rid myself of 100 lbs and health issues.

lorylight
on 11/18/16 7:18 pm
VSG on 11/07/16

Congratulation  I'll be out 2wks this coming up Monday. I was lucky I didn't have any vomiting at all, but I heard from others that it has happened to them. Blood can gather in the stomach during surgery some throw up and others don't. I don't think it would be an issue or they wouldn't of released you. That is so great that you are able to drink with little trouble I wasn't able to at first, but it is getting better now. I wish you a speedy recovery. Welcome to the loser bench :)

HW 299, SW 276.4

Peeches
on 11/19/16 7:37 am
VSG on 10/03/16 with

Congratulations!  

It makes sense to me that you may have vomited blood that had accumulated during your surgery shortly post-op, however if you continue to vomit blood, (especially if it is bright red and not brownish) that is not normal and you should call your surgeon.  

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/16 9:09 am
VSG on 10/31/16

If your surgeon team doesn't know about you vomiting red blood I would contact them.  I too had a lot of pain and bruising but it will gradually decrease.  I am still wearing my binder which really helped control my pain.

Gladgrad
on 11/19/16 9:23 am

Lukily the doctor was there when I threw up.  I don't have a binder, was never told to use one. 

VSG 11/17/16  down 18 lbs so far.

Hoping to rid myself of 100 lbs and health issues.

Most Active
Recent Topics