7 years out and feeling good.

frisco
on 11/22/16 3:10 am

Hi Diane !!!

Congrats on 7 !!!

As time has past and we can reflect back a bit. It was great that we had a core group of us that came from the same graduating class so to speak. I really believe it to be another beneficial layer in our experience as we shared in real life contact and the comradery of shared goals and intentions. Not only the core group of us that came from the same school of C, but others here on OH that we got to know.

Congrats !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

diane S.
on 11/22/16 12:06 pm

Thanks for all the kind messages everyone. Yeah this journey has always been interesting and its become a part of my life to follow peoples issues here on OH and to offer any help I can. Back when I began, there were just a few posts a day here and now there are tons. So glad there are many who have discovered the sleeve and are making the most of it. 

Someday there may be better non surgical remedies for obesity but for now, this is the best thing going and as a number of us oldsters can attest, it does indeed work if you put the effort into it. 

Good luck to all on the food frenzy coming up. Just remember that a day later you won't care if you skipped the high carb stuff, but if you eat it it will be around a long time.    Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 

akindofmagick
on 11/23/16 12:38 pm - MD

Diane, thanks so much for coming back and letting us know there is long term success with this still relatively new procedure!! I'm 17 months out, and couldn't be happier, altho still haven't reached goal - got complacent after 70 pounds lost... and wrinkly, sigh.  Now I'm back on track, and steadily losing, and the end goal is in sight. Also, the wrinkles don't bother me as much (who am I kidding!!). LOL!!

I've been fat, and I've been thin - and thin is better.  

There is a better way. --Alaine of Lyndar 
--------------------------
HW: 234. SW: 228 (18 June 2015). GW: 137. Specs: 50ish, 5'4"

diane S.
on 11/23/16 12:45 pm

Well I discovered wrinkles in places I didn't know you could get wrinkles. Fortunately I live in a cool climate and never need to wear shorts. Also pretty casual so no need to dress up. Good luck to you and get to goal. Its so worth it.  Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 

KathyA999
on 11/23/16 4:11 pm

Woo hoo, congratulations!  I celebrated six years in August, and have had about a 15 lb creep in the last couple years also.  Watching it, and got more determined regarding the low carb / paleo / keto way of eating to halt the creep.  The struggle is real, but so are the pleasures of a normal-sized body, haha!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Most Active
Recent Topics