Whacha eatin' today? Monday 11/14/16

Rachel B.
on 11/14/16 5:42 am, edited 11/14/16 3:46 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Let's get this started!

Morning: COFFEE (90g 1% milk, 50g 5sparrows SF white mocha, 60g torani SF peppermint, 24g unflavored Unjury)

B: oatmeal with Unjury unflavored protein

L: Caesar Salad

D: Salad

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

rissa1224
on 11/14/16 6:07 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

What a weekend! I have been having these - what I call - 'gas pain' attacks. But, I don't think its gas at all. I am in dying pain, feeling like someone is inside of my lower chest (under my breasts, in my solar plexus) squeezing my insides so badly I can not breath. Bad. I was in the ER earlier this year for it because those attacks kept happening and wouldn't stop (and at the same time was having a stomach bug that was passed around to an entire birthday party I was at 2 days before that). I had one in the summer also but, I blamed beer and bad food, Shame on me. But I had another 2 episodes in the same night in Oct and the dr said if it happens again go to the ER. I had an RX from him for bloodwork from earlier this year (that he told me to use and put a current date on) after the attack so he can check some levels of blood after an attack. It wasn't a full attack, so I didn't go to the ER.

ANYWAY - I am feeling 'off' on the inside so I am trying to take it easy with eating, although I don't think these attacks are from foods

B shake

L chicken squished up

S cheese stick

D we are going out to eat for work tonight, another difficult thing trying to find out what is good! Any suggestions? Ill post the menu.. http://www.donpepeii.com/images/pdf/dinnermenu.pdf

On track with my water!

Babygotsleeved
on 11/14/16 8:04 am
VSG on 11/29/16

So sorry you are not feeling top notch. Do you still have your gallbladder? Those 'gas pain' attacks could be gallbladder problems.

The menu looks good. With an iffy tummy you might just enjoy the Spanish Antipasto with Serrano Ham and Cheese or the Spanish cheeses from the Appetizer menu or there are  baked, grilled and broiled fish from the rest of menu that are light and may sit better. It depends on what you like. I would stay away from anything with tomatoes or lots of spices.

Hope they find out what this is and you get to feel better soon!

rissa1224
on 11/14/16 8:13 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Thank you! I actually had my gall bladder removed 3 months after my VSG - March 2013. So that's why we know it isn't that. Maybe it's some type of stone though? Left over or one from the liver? If that's possible?

Those options may be best!  was thinking the broiled *something fish*. Not a huge fan of fish but, its worth a shot!

Babygotsleeved
on 11/14/16 8:48 am
VSG on 11/29/16

My daughter had problems after having her gallbladder out that acted just like a gallbladder 'attack' and they found out it was Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction. The sphincter that connects the bile duct to the small intestine was tightening and not relaxing (stenosis) causing bile to back up into the pancreas & liver, causing pain. They had to do an ERCP manometry and then they made a cut in the sphincter to widen it while they were in there. It is an endoscopic procedure, so it's outpatient, but it can cause pancreatitis. :( However, it did take care of the problem after healing from the pancreatitis.

Good luck!

rissa1224
on 11/14/16 10:22 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Yikes!! Hope your daughter is doing better. Thanks for that information. I am probably having an MRA test (super MRI test). Maybe that will determine whats up.

stacyrg
on 11/14/16 2:33 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

I can't wait to hear the results of your test.  I had something similar to what you described last week.  It came on about 20 minutes after dinner and the pain was so bad, I jokingly said it felt like I was trying to birth an alien right through my abdominal wall.  It lasted about an hour at which point, I fell asleep (so it could have been more than an hour).  The next few days (and to be honest, even now) it felt like my insides were bruised.  I'm a sleeve to bypass revision, so our anatomy is different, but I'll be following closely to see what the doctors say.  Please come back and post the results.

rissa1224
on 11/15/16 6:37 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

WOW that's intense! Mine just happen randomly, not after eating or drinking or anything. I will post once I find out whats up / or what the doctor says to do next. Does that still happen to you?

yvonnef1964
on 11/14/16 8:24 am
VSG on 08/11/14

B egg mcmuffin 

L cheeseburger 

D pork loin and fresh cooked carrots 

S Greek yogurt,  turkey sausage snack sticks and apple 

W & V on track

E still trying to get over a cold

wyo_sarah
on 11/14/16 9:40 am

Today is the day I get back to eating right.  I've been living it up on the sweets and carbs lately.  I was scared to weigh myself, but when I did this morning I was still about the same as I've been for months now.  Apparently I have found my happy weight, except I'm not happy with it.  So, back to it today!  I appreciate this opportunity to hold myself accountable in a public way.

B: left over Mexican including shredded beef, refried beans and some rice (rice is off the menu after this.  I couldn't waste it which is a big reason why I was fat in the first place.  I have to remind myself that.)

L: Ham and cheese

D: sauteed chicken breast with a creamy jalapeno cheese sauce

Snacks: I brought some Greek yogurt and nuts with me.  I remember someone saying once that to help break the carb cravings to eat more protein, not worrying about the calories, until the cravings are gone.  I'm hoping I don't have to go there, but I'm ready if I do.

Thanks everyone for your support!  Have an excellent Monday. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics