NSV.... sort of...and an update

alouisa63
on 11/12/16 5:40 am, edited 11/12/16 5:41 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

Another NSV of sorts - I was at the salon getting my hair cut last night and when I went to leave, I realized someone had inadvertently taken my new coat instead of theirs!  In the dimly lit coat room, they did look a lot a like so it's an honest mistake.  The salon called everyone that was in there the same time I was and left voice mails.... let's hope the person returns my coat today and picks up theirs.  The NSV part of this?  This NEVER happened when I wore a 5X!!  

When I reached my one year surgery mark I started to gain weight and it scared the **** out of me.  I started to see a therapist and he helped me work out the triggers that were causing me to eat more.  In the three months I've been seeing him I've gotten the food anxiety under control and I'm back to losing (almost 20 pounds in this time!).  I've also gotten my shopping anxieties under control.  The though of shopping doesn't have me reaching for the xanax anymore (I still don't like it but I no longer freak out doing it).

But I guess the bigger NSV so far is my brain is finally catching up.  When I looked at this picture I no longer saw myself as fat but "curvy".  Right now, curvy is good :)   

If WLS was the best thing I ever did for myself then getting therapy was the second best!  

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/12/16 5:45 am

Great for you for taking control of your eating and anxiety. 

Love the new picture... How about make it a new avatar? 

Have fun..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Hippie Lady
on 11/12/16 6:16 am - Warren, OH

You look wonderful.  It helps to hang a bright scarf on top of your coat when you leave it in a public place.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

alouisa63
on 11/12/16 11:12 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

Right!!  But it was such a new coat that I was still in the process of finding "just the right" scarf!

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/16 7:59 am
VSG on 10/31/16

You are a beautiful woman!  Congratulations on getting the help you need and utilizing the tools you learned.  You obviously conquered the obstacles and were able to move forward. So proud of you. Praying for you that your coat is returned. Thank you for inspiring me. 

alouisa63
on 11/12/16 11:16 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

Awww thank you for your kind words :)  The coat was returned!!  The person who accidently took it returned it to the salon with a lovely (and funny) note and $20 for cleaning.  She was a smoker and enclosed the money so I could have it cleaned.  Since it's machine washable I think I'll just donate the money to a worthy cause.

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/16 5:31 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Awww, that is fantastic news!!!!  

Donna L.
on 11/13/16 10:34 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I'm sorry that happened!  It is sort of funny.  I think you look amazing!

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

dimpleslya79
on 11/14/16 6:21 am
VSG on 08/09/16

You look Fabulous!!! 

WL: Pre-op: -14.2 M1: -19.2 M2:-16.6 M3: -15 M4: -12.8 M5: -12.6

M6: -11.2 M7: -6.8 M8: -5.8 Total: 114.2 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics