Home from hospital and scared!

Anita
on 11/10/16 7:20 pm

Yup....those emotions can get you when you least expect it......chalk it up to the anesthesia, the change in life style, the unknown about how it will work, the decision to go ahead with the surgery, the excitement of reclaiming your health, the thrill of getting to buy a new wardrobe......all of it and more......it's all good.....get a good night of sleep and just keep taking nice calming breaths. If you're still not feeling any improvement, just give your doctor a call....it just might be that you need to hear that voice to give you that one last bit of confidence. Don't let all those feelings overwhelm you.....I'm glad that you have your husband to be there for you....and of course US.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

TennesseeGirl81
on 11/12/16 6:16 am, edited 11/11/16 10:19 pm
VSG on 11/16/16

I have anxiety and I know I will probably be feeling the same way you are right now.

HW: 287 SW: 260 DOS: 244 CW: 197.0 GW: 150-ish?

TennesseeGirl81
on 11/12/16 6:17 am
VSG on 11/16/16
lorylight
on 11/12/16 8:57 am
VSG on 11/07/16

Hi TN girl, I'm also a Tn girl :) I've been home a couple of days now. I'm feeling much better :) I had the anxiety too along with what I'm I getting myself into, but the moment they had me prep and ready to go I was like LET'S DO THIS!!!. The only issue I'm having now is it still hurts to swallow, and I have discomfort in my chest.  I had a para esophageal hernia that had to be repaired along with the wls. So I had two major surgeries instead of just one. Anxiety is normal both before and after. I'm still learning how to take care of myself and everyday is a learning process, but I'm so glad it is behind me and so ready to reap the benefits of what I just put myself through. My goal is to be healthy! Best of luck to you on this wonderful journey!

HW 299, SW 276.4

TennesseeGirl81
on 11/12/16 10:02 am
VSG on 11/16/16

Oh awesome! I am about an hour north of Knoxville :) I will probably need meds to help relax me once I get there. I am ready to get this behind me too! My surgery is Wednesday :)

HW: 287 SW: 260 DOS: 244 CW: 197.0 GW: 150-ish?

lorylight
on 11/12/16 3:38 pm
VSG on 11/07/16

I'm a hour and a half out side of Nashville going towards Memphis. : )  Your going to do great. They definitely will give you something for your anxiety. They gave me something to relax me as soon as I got my hospital gown on. Please feel free to ask me any questions you might have. Wednesday will be here before you know it. Let me know how things go for. Wishing you the best!

HW 299, SW 276.4

Most Active
Recent Topics