6 weeks Post-Op

Elle B.
on 11/8/16 6:00 pm, edited 11/8/16 6:15 pm
VSG on 09/26/16

I went to my six week post op and I'm down 30lbs..Still a lot of swelling in my stomach, going to the final phase of eating has been hard, so I'm sticking with the soft foods. I made a mistake and brought a new jacket 2 weeks ago, and it's looking frumpy on me. Its a Calvin Klein jacket and it was pricey, so from here on out I'm shopping at stores like Rainbow and the Thrift !!!!!!! I'm cleared for two days in the gym, still no Zumba!!...Overall this has been a great journey!

Elle B.
on 11/8/16 6:06 pm
VSG on 09/26/16
(deactivated member)
on 11/8/16 7:28 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Congratulations on your weight loss!  Bittersweet re:  jacket. :)  I am still wearing my regular clothes but I too plan to shop at thrift stores.  I am 8 days out from VSG.  You are doing awesome.

Elle B.
on 11/9/16 6:19 pm
VSG on 09/26/16

Thank you so much!..Good luck to you and Be well!

Anita
on 11/8/16 9:00 pm

Awesome job on the weight loss........not so awesome on the jacket. I've been shopping in my closet as I have a wide range of sizes.....but there are more and more empty hangers since some things are swimming on me.....YAY!!!!! As the clothes become too big on me, I'm donating them or giving them to a friend who wears that size........in the past, I've kept those larger things on the off chance that I needed them.....no more...I am not going back there!

Take the food slow....you've got plenty of time to move to the next step and it's important to let your new stomach heal fully.

Keep up the good work and stay away from the expensive clothes....for now.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Elle B.
on 11/9/16 6:15 pm
VSG on 09/26/16

Thank you! At this point my healing is more important than anything..So I'm not going to pu****!

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/9/16 5:45 am

If it is only 2 weeks - can you return the jacket? Or maybe get one in 1or 2 sizes smaller? 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Elle B.
on 11/9/16 6:18 pm
VSG on 09/26/16

I'll just donate it to the mission and find me something at the thrift. 

Secrets224
on 11/9/16 10:09 am
VSG on 09/27/16

Congratulations! What a fabulous weight loss so far! I am at 6 weeks post op also this week and i also bought a jacket, but i bought it smaller so it would still fit as i lost weight. My first "smart" buy since surgery! :) Good luck and you are doing awesome! Don't worry, you'll be back to Zumba in no time!!! :) I look forward to returning to Zumba also!! 

Surg. Date: 9/27/2016 VSG

HW: 334 * SW: 312 * CW: 188* GW: 175

*Mommy of 2 BEAUTIFUL little girls who make my life go round*

Elle B.
on 11/9/16 6:16 pm
VSG on 09/26/16

Thank you, and you keep up the good work as well!

Most Active
Recent Topics