Whatcha eating today? Saturday, 10/29/2016

Gwen M.
on 10/29/16 6:55 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm in a bad place right now.  On Thursday, in class, a classmate asked me what I do for fun and that's really set my brain into a tailspin because I still can't think of what I do for fun.  My life these past 2.6 years has been so wrapped up in my health, my dad's cancer and death, getting my mom moved into her CCRC, and college.  That hasn't left much time for "fun."  And the things I used to find fun I either a) no longer have time for or b) don't find joy in anymore.  And I don't know how I feel about all of this so, apparently, I just cry a lot.  Too bad crying isn't a weight loss mechanism.  

1: protein shake
2: leftover chipotle bowl
3: grilled burgers, sweet potato fries, aioli

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nothing scheduled

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Lodie
on 10/29/16 7:36 am
VSG on 10/15/14

I don't post often and have never replied to the food posting although I read it daily. When I read your post Gwen, I felt a strong urge to reach out. I am familiar with your posts from the beginning . I have always admired your determination but marveled at the expectations and goals you set for yourself. It is a lot. Throw in unexpected life events and you are overloaded, both emotionally and physically. You have good insight, and know that when you are all things to many people you sometimes lose important parts of yourself. I feel for you and urge you to be kind to yourself. You have many interests, do you find pleasure in any of those areas? Fun?? I would be hard pressed to find a reply in a moment. Joy, pleasure, yes, I find that in many aspects of daily living. You have had a hard year or two. Tears are a release valve, you have identified a problem. I am sure you will continue to seek help. Thanks for the honesty.

!. Protein Frappe

2. Spicy sliced turkey, 1 0z, sharp cheese, kraut

3. Turkey meatballs, broccoli salad

water and bites on track, exercise ?

HW=263  SW=253 CW=160 GW=140

cappy11448
on 10/29/16 7:48 am

Hi Gwen,

I'm so sorry this comment put you in a tail-spin.  Just from your posts here, I have a strong sense that you have many things that are sustaining and satisfying in your life.  I hear your pride from your running and exercise plans.  I sense that you get pleasure from cooking and eating right.  I see your commitment to your studies and your joy as you take on new challenges. 

"Fun" doesn't have to be about recreation.  Happiness shouldn't be a goal.  it is a by-product of a life well-lived.  I get the sense that you are deeply engaged in life.  If you need more time for "fun,"  you can surely find it in activities, arts, hobbies, travel. 

Please don't let others determine your state of mind.  I wish you were closer, so I could give you a big hug!

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

cappy11448
on 10/29/16 8:09 am

I'll be shopping and cooking again today.  my family have been going nuts for the mock fried rice made with riced cauliflower.  I took someone's advice and started making it as a side and then adding the protein.  Great idea. 

Breakfast - salmon

Lunch - cold chicken salad with spicy peanut sauce over spiralized cucumber - soo good and sooo healthy

Dinner - pulled pork with mixed veggies

snack - Dijon lime chicken

water and vitamins - good

exercise - not so good

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

AK_Gipson
on 10/29/16 8:15 am
VSG on 04/14/14

oh how much people suck!

I am often called a stick in the mud. It used to offend me, but not anymore. No, I dont want or need to go out and drink with the crowd, one im married for 24 years and 2 sugar is sugar and I cant have it. This is one area I dont try substitutes for. But dont come crying to me, wondering how to lose your beer gut. Cuz I WILL tell you.

No, I dont want to go to the buffet, and pay for overpriced and over salted food, which will make me gain 5 pounds from water retention. However you are welcome to come to dinner at my home anytime. Why? Eating healthy is where I need to be, cooking better versions is fun for me and I enjoy your company.

Its funny, lately my sister and several friends have all joined the same gym, so thats where we go meet and hang out now :) 

What do i do for fun? I go to the gym. I read. I watch movies with my spouse and kids. I make their favorite meals. I play xbox with them. 

You do enjoy your life. You go running, that may be classified as exercise, but if it fills you with joy, its not. Remember the adage, love what you do and you will never work a day in your life. Same thing. You have your love me project. Your massages as part of that. what do you do for fun? you get a massage. you find ways to destress, relaxing is fun. You spend time with spouse. that is can be fun too. movies, dinners, sex, etc...

You have a well rounded, well grounded life. That you enjoy. Even when its crazy! And thats what makes life fun! I think you need to define the word fun. fun is what makes you happy. and you've got that in spades!

B - bar, coffee and yes pumpkin spice coffee!

L - Salad shrimp, salad

D- chicken, broccoli cassserole

S - bar, protein pudding

E - heading to planet fitness with my daughter! 

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/29/16 9:30 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Hi Gwen sorry that you're in a bad place right now & if you need to cry like its an Olympic sport then cry away & get those feelings out. If you don't do anything for fun right now don't feel obligated to do "fun stuff". You've gone thru a lot & are just starting to get back into a routine. Sometimes being so busy is a coping mechanism in itself & if that's what you need to do then do that.

I'm sure in time you'll get back to incorporating fun stuff, but only when you feel like it. Its ok to want to feel sad for awhile. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

yvonnef1964
on 10/29/16 12:13 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and garlic and herb jack cheese bites 

L chicken salad and red pepper 

D cheesy chicken chili and green beans 

S Greek yogurt,  apple and turkey sausage snack sticks 

W& V on track

E walked

Have a good day

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/16 12:37 pm

Gwen please know that you are not alone, you are  an inspiration to many. The past 3 yrs have been the most challenging, painful of my life  so I can relate.

we went out for brunch I had hot decafe tea, 1/2 veggie omelet 2 sausage links, dinner will be the other 1/2 of omelet.

did a 3 mile walk at the high school track before brunch. after brunch walked 1 mile at the outlet mall.

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/16 1:08 pm

Found the exercise forum, thanks Gwen. lol

Joshua H.
on 10/29/16 1:23 pm
VSG on 10/26/16

Day 3 post-op -- 60-90 ml clear liquids per hour.

Most Active
Recent Topics