I was told I was fat today by a man.

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/16 12:58 pm

I'm almost done with my workout and a man I know, talk to over the years says to me, "hey I haven't seen you in 3 months, not like you, where have you been"?

Sick I replied, wasn't able to workout. "Wow you gained weight and got fat he said, you looked a lot better 3 months ago". Ok! give me a couple of months I said, I think I can do better...... He couldn't wait to tell me that he changed his eating to all plant based diet and lost 3 lbs in 3 months...... how's that workin for yah I said. Oh I feel great, you should try it. Hmmmmm I hope you're taking a multivitamin and getting blood work and supervised by your dr, I won't think of eliminating meat, there are so many important vitamins in meat I said.  Ok, have a good weekend,

just wait,..... a couple months I'll be fit again. as it is, I was lifting 105 lb bar today, the heaviest bar on the rack. Ladies, don't be afraid to lift heavy, you wont bulk up, I promise.  Have a great weekend ya'll. I need a nap.

Renren
on 10/21/16 1:40 pm
VSG on 12/02/15

I think I would have told him "Well, at least your brain is skinny!" The nerve of some people.

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/16 1:52 pm
Gwen M.
on 10/21/16 1:44 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Things like this remind me of the infamous Winston Churchill exchange.  

Person says to him: Sir, you are drunk!

And he replies with: Madam, you are ugly!  In the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly!  

But my version goes like this:

Person: Gwen, you are fat!

Me: And you're an unkind asshole!  I'll lose weight, but you'll always be an unkind asshole!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/16 1:51 pm
Oneillch
on 10/21/16 5:56 pm
VSG on 02/04/15

Just consider the source & move on! 

Anita
on 10/21/16 9:57 pm

you should have dropped that 105 pound bar on his foot .... then he would be sputtering instead of spouting stupidity. What a total A$$....rude, thoughtless, unkind.....sorry, it's late and I can't think of any other words to describe that idiot.

don't waste any thoughts on him......definitely not worth it....and I certainly hope you aren't going to take his words to heart.....

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

missc_26
on 10/22/16 3:45 am
VSG on 10/03/16

Anyone that thinks it's ok to make a comment about someone's weight especially when they have motivated themselves and got their butt to a gym is a total douche bag. 

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and took it in your stride. You keep doing you which is being awesome, fit and healthy.

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/16 5:59 am
fiercebynature
on 10/22/16 7:54 am

It think if your comfortable it's really okay to call someone on the carpet when they are inappropriate. People have no right to comment on others attributes . The comments are inappropriate and unappreciated  and not his business. It doesn't matter what it is , from sexual orientation to where you were born or how you see yourself as a person  including weight , it's harassment. It just has to stop . In that environment he was bullying you! If he does it again I'd report him .

Sorry this stuff no matter what it is bugs me to bits . 

It seems to me if your lifting all that weight your probably already healthy by the way !! 

Hope you have a lovely weekend ! 

Surgery: 9/2/16 H.W. 340 S.W.254 C W 208

Most Active
Recent Topics