Spaghetti squash lasagna, on plan and friggin' tasty!

happyteacher
on 10/10/16 4:49 pm

I used my pressure cooker, but you could adjust this for an oven.

Ok, so got this idea off the Facebook page. Did not have a recipe, but it is tasty for sure! Instead of using noodles I used spaghetti squash. Meat sauce was a chicken meat sauce (see the IP post on spaghetti meat sauce, used ground chicken). Used fat free Trader Joe ricotta. Light mozzerella. Nothing was measured specifically, I just went by how the layers looked as I built them. The cheese was overall 1 cup ricotta, 1 8 ounce bag light mozzarella.

1/2 tub ff ricotta (from Trader Joe, a normal small sized ricotta)

1 large egg, slightly scrambled (raw)

1 TB Penzey's Italian herb mix

1 medium spaghetti squash

1 8 ounce pack light shredded mozzarella

Meat sauce or spaghetti sauce of choice (See IP post on this, I made a huge batch and froze it down in dinner portions.  When it was made, no oil or sugar was used. This sauce was used in the recipe.)

Salt, pepper, and Parmesan to taste.

Wash the squash, put the trivet in the IP with 1.5 or so cups water. Squash on the trivet, no need to peel nor puncture. 20 minutes high, QR. (Or use your oven to cook the squash.) While that is cooking, mix the ricotta, egg, and Italian herbs, and whatever other seasonings you think would work. 

When the squash is done, take it out, peel and de-seed it. In a round bowl that fits into your IP, spray Pam. Layer shredded squash, a layer of ricotta, sauce, and mozzarella. Repeat until your bowl is full. Cover loosely with foil. In it goes on the trivet (make a sling to get it out). 20 minute high, 5 min NR. Done! If baking in the oven somewhere between 30-45 minutes at 350 degrees.

I did not make a sling and sloshed it out of the bowl when trying to pull it out. It wasn't pretty, but it was pretty tasty! Hubby the carnivore loved it too- sure to please a family. 

Here are the stats- a very rough estimate., but did use the ingredients I listed. I set it to five servings for the entire dish.  Given the portion size I took, I was at or below this amount.  A normal person would eat 2 servings of this. 211 cals, 20g protein, 8g carb, 6g sugar, 2g fiber, 7g fat. 

I am not a great cook, so if you try this and make adjustments please post! I was just slinging ingredients in the bowl!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics