Reviews On Dr. Ramos Kelly?

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/16 1:39 pm

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site but I'm a long time lurker. After considering wls for a long time and I have finally decided that the vsg was best for me. The issue now becomes how to pay for the surgery. Because I don't currently have health insurance that would cover the cost of surgery, I've looked into alternatives such as getting the procedure done in Mexico. There seems to be tons of glowing reviews for Dr. Kelly pre 2014 but I've noticed there aren't so many after. I've come across some disturbing ones with rumors of two young women dying from the procedure resulting in lost privileges for Dr. Kelly.

Of course, I can't be sure if any of these are true or not but I'd like to hear what some of his patients thought of him. Or, if you haven't had him, is there a different doctor in Mexico you'd recommend?  

Thank you all for your help!

rachelp
on 10/10/16 3:00 pm
VSG on 08/01/16

I read all the same stuff about Dr. Kelly that you did. You should post this in the Mexico forum. 

Congrats on your decision to pursue WLS. I hope you find a wonderful surgeon. 

Good luck!

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

jazzygirlnc
on 10/10/16 4:23 pm
VSG on 04/14/16

Not sure about Dr. Ramos Kelly but I had surgery with Dr. Rodolfo Wilhelmy of Mexicali Bariatric Center. The Doctors, nurses, everyone was fantastic. If you have any questions, I don't mind answering them. Good luck on choosing a Doctor.

Height: 5'9" // VSG: 4/14/2016

HW: 297# (while pregnant) // SW: 273.1# // CW: 187.8# //

GW: 145#

Lost thus far: 85.3# // Until Goal: 42.8#

Percent Excess Weight Loss: 66.5%

CaptLake
on 11/21/16 7:10 am
DS on 08/28/16

Rumors are a cheap way of trashing someone's reputation. I had surgery August 28 2016, Dr Ramos Kelly did an excellent job. 2 of the women having surgery that day were Nurses, one a surgery nurse from Dartmouth Medical center. Both women sang the praises of Dr Kelly and how lucky I was to have done the research and chosen him. I had the best care from his staff and Dr Kelly came by often to check on me. He even brought his son by and we talked music and guitars. Dr Kelly even played my band's CD in the operating room. When I transferred to the hotel his care continued. The hotel staff knew I was a Patient of Dr. Kelly and went that extra mile to let me know I was cared for and was always ready to help.

Dr Kelly is an excellent and caring Doctor. His information is online so instead of posting rumors and innuendo call him yourself and discuss your  case.

I have recommended Dr Kelly to other friends. I have gone from 296 lbs to 238 lbs and I am 18 pounds away from my goal of 210. My blood sugar is normal and my A1C has faded to memory of the past. I am a Ships Officer and The US Coast Guard was threatening to take my license because of my Type 2 diabetes. I now have a clean bill of health and have the energy of a teenager.

You would be wise to make the call to Dr Ramos Kelly

Most Active
Recent Topics