Captain's Log 10/10/2016

psychoticparrot
on 10/10/16 6:40 am, edited 10/10/16 6:58 am

09/29/2016, 1600 hours: Cast off from Baltimore MD. Dismayed but not cowed by variety of junk carbs on board.

10/01, 0800 hours: Heading at cruising speed of 16 knots to Boston MA. Have decided to take steps instead of elevators on the 11-deck ship. Getting more exercise on ship than on land!

10/03, 0800 hours: Made a deliberate decision to indulge in a lemon tartlet. Very, very tasty. Ate on plan remainder of day. Toured Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor, Maine. Climbed on rocks at Thunder Hole! Very beautiful place.

10/06, 2100 hours: Leaving Halifax, Nova Scotia. Had a Starbucks chai latte as a nightcap. Again, a deliberate decision to indulge a bit. Still taking stairs instead of elevators. Still eating on plan. Somewhat amazed by the amounts of food other passengers pile on their plates at the buffet.

10/07, 1900 hours: Last day at sea and my birthday! Had a glass of Chardonnay to celebrate.

10/08, 0700 hours: Arrived back in Baltimore. Good to be home.

10/09, 0800 hours: Moment of truth on bathroom scales. Maintained exact weight! No gain and had a lovely cruise. IT CAN BE DONE!!! Stayed on plan 95%, allowed 5% planned treats, made sure to stay active by taking stairs, walking a lot on shore leave, and swimming in ship's pool. 

10/10, 0940 hours: Back on plan with pleasant memories and lots of photos.

"Captain" psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

ItsTimeNow99
on 10/10/16 8:47 am

It sounds like your cruise was perfect!   I live about and hour and a half from Acadia National Park and have to agree that it is beautiful.  Thunder Hole is one of my favorite spots.

You did exceptionally well on your cruise which is an inspiration to everyone that life can and does go on after WLS.  It's having your head in the right place, and knowing what you can and can't do.

Thanks for sharing!!

P.

HW -265; SW - 251; CW - 154

Surgery Date- 10/12/2016!!

psychoticparrot
on 10/10/16 7:33 pm

Thanks. Everything turned out just as I planned.

However, I did find that by the last 2-3 days of the cruise, it was getting harder and harder to resist the vast and always accessible array of junk food. Nine days was just about as long as I could handle it, even with the support of my husband and friends. At home, I keep no unhealthy food around. It's too easy to give in to it when it's close by.

psychoticparrot

Most Active
Recent Topics