Had surgery Monday, 10/3/16, discharged from hospital yesterday, 10/7/16. Feeling...

Renren
on 10/9/16 3:38 pm
VSG on 12/02/15

It was at first so sometimes my sips were more like a drop of water that would just kind of absorb almost without swallowing. So I had to sip almost constantly. But you got to do whatever it takes. Dehydration is very dangerous. Our body's are like a battery, we can't function withou****er, and we will shut down. 

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months

sparrish
on 10/10/16 8:29 am
VSG on 08/10/16

My diet after my surgery was clear liquids the first week and protein shakes.

Breakfast: Protein shake - drink over 1 hour.

Lunch:  1/2 cup broth- on scoop chicken broth flavored or unflavored protein powder and 1 sugar free popsicle.

Dinner: 1/2 cup broth and 1 protein shake-drink over 1 hour.

No Jello

2nd week - full liquids

Breakfast:  1 cup coffee or tea

1 cup skim milk with one scoop protein powder-drink over 30 minute period

Lunch:  1/2 cup blended cream soup - no chunks or lumps with on scoop unflavored or chicken broth flavored protein powder

Dinner:  1/2 cup blended cream soup - no chunks or lumps with on scoop unflavored or chicken broth flavored protein powder

1/2 cup broth - on scoop unflavored or chicken broth flavored protein powder

No Jello

You may have sugar free popsicles any time.  Sip on liquids throughout the day, aiming to drink 1 ounce of liquids every 10 minutes while awake.

You should not skip meals; however a protein shake with at least 20 grams of protein and fewer than 250 calories may be substituted for a meal.

Hope this helps.

AK_Gipson
on 10/12/16 9:36 am
VSG on 04/14/14

I had to download a timer on my phone. Every 3 minutes, take a sip. Restart timer. I also started (and still do) drink Powerade zero to help me from getting dehydrated. But the timer worked, even though it got annoying, because I'd forget to sip and an 20 minutes would go by before I remembered. 

I also couldn't stand sweet drinks right after surgery, so I mixed unflavored Isopure zero carb protein (1 scoop) with a lil cold water then added it to my decaf coffee... With SugarFree hazelnut syrup, and 2 creamers, 3 Splenda. Protein plus fluid so win/win. One scoop has 26g protein so 3 cups 48 oz fluid and 78g of protein... 

But seriously the timer is what kept me from being dehydrated. 

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

Peeches
on 10/12/16 4:13 pm
VSG on 10/03/16 with

Thank you, AK.  Brilliant suggestions.  I am getting tired of sweet, and I DESPERATELY miss coffee. Time to buy some decaf? Isopure zero carb protein? Will have to check it out and see how it differs from the protein powder I am using. This forum is priceless.

Lory

Most Active
Recent Topics