Any suggestions ;)

simpleton13
on 10/3/16 10:34 am
VSG on 10/26/16

HI!!!  So, I'm 9 days to my surgery!!!  YAY!!!  I'm getting really excited, still very nervous and anxious too!!!  I was wondering if y'all could give me some pointers on the puree foods you eat?  I know it'll be a few weeks still I'm there, but I'm kind of getting confused on that?  What are some things that you puree?  Also, has anyone tried the INSPIRE creamcicle protein shake?  Oh my my, it is so good!!!!

Bufflehead
on 10/3/16 10:50 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I ate some foods that I was allowed to eat without actually pureeing: refried beans, poached egg, cottage cheese, Eggface's ricotta bake, yogurt. I also made some meat dishes that I did have to puree. My trick for making decent puree was to start with meat, puree with a flavorful sauce (no****er or broth), place in a little ramekin and heat it up with a bit of shredded cheese on top. This makes it taste like a casserole (without the carby type fillers like rice or noodles). Here are some examples:

--chicken breast with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese

--turkey breast with peanut satay sauce and jack cheese

--ground bison with low carb bbq sauce and cheddar cheese

--ranch flavor tuna with nonfat ranch dressing, sriracha, and pepper jack cheese

--deboned pork chop with nonfat thousand island dressing and swiss cheese

--grilled shrimp with buffalo sauce and blue cheese

You get the general idea. I used a lot of the little packets of flavored tuna and salmon. I tried to make things I knew I would like -- what you like will be completely up to you! I did make sure to keep quantities very small as per my team's plan for me, and always high protein.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/3/16 12:24 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Baby food, yeah this was a suggestion for the puree stage & I did eat this. You have to be really, really careful at the stages right after surgery, so I didn't bother trying to puree meat, & eggs, re fried beans, cottage cheese, etc was considered as the soft food stage on my plan & everyones plan is different. 

I found myself extending the liquid stage a bit longer since my stomach couldn't really handle some food, even at the puree stage & I just couldn't puree meat, my head wanted to chew meat, not drink it.

Good luck on your upcoming surgery. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Gwen M.
on 10/4/16 5:47 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Here's a list of all the things I pureed/ate during my pureed stage.  Recipe links are included where necessary.

https://www.myvsg.net/2-uncategorised/142-pureed-food-i-ate

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

fiercebynature
on 10/4/16 6:55 am

Puréed beef chicken and fish. All prepared in advance in ice cube trays in the freezer. 

poached egg, cottage cheese , yogurt.

pureed butternut squash in ice cube trays. 

Tomato juice which I don't normally like but loved it after surgery. I poured it over my meats too.

cream of wheat, oatmeal. Applesauce.

Boiled Some pear as well and mashed it ( very yummy in cottage cheese) no sugar pudding and no sugar jello, no sugar Popcycles.  Made my own in advance as well. Really enjoyed soy milk too for some reason? Creamed soups strained ( cream of chicken was a favourite.) . Refried beans and cottage cheese was good too. Skim milk. 

Wasn't too bad , I'm glad I prepared ahead though I will say . I did try mashed potato but it was too much for me . Oh and I put unflavored protein powder in everything I could  ups the protein content. 

Surgery: 9/2/16 H.W. 340 S.W.254 C W 208

Most Active
Recent Topics