Chest pain update

Donna L.
on 9/28/16 5:12 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I adore this quote.  Thank you for sharing it with me.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

happyteacher
on 9/30/16 3:23 am

Another surgery is a bummer, but your health is totally worth it. Given DS is the strongest of the procedures, why are they saying Rny? 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Donna L.
on 9/30/16 12:59 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

They are leery of doing the DS or SADI because it would not resolve the GERD since it is the sleeve gastrectomy that causes it, and the VSG would remain.  The sleeve makes the stomach high pressure which causes the GERD.  

The RNY immediately resolves the GERD, though.  The bariatric surgeon told me last week that it's actually used as non weight loss surgery to treat severe GERD, which I hadn't known.   The problem is reflux can cause cancer long term.  It was always assumed I would revise to the DS at a later date since I could not initially get it, but sadly GERD changes everything.  

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Recent Topics