GETTING SCARED!!!!!!

sassy64
on 9/23/16 12:42 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

Thanks Anita.  You've given me some good advice!  I was pretty surprised that my insurance approved my surgery so quickly.  Due to vacation plans, I have to wait until November...right before my birthday and the holidays. I'm hoping that I'm so excited to be sleeved during the holidays that I don't care that I won't be eating Christmas goodies.

Anita
on 9/23/16 12:53 pm

I was sleeved on June 6 and was also worried as to how I would handle July 4th because I was going to be away and with people I'd never met before and was also going to be at 2 BBQs. I was just out of the liquid stage and starting on soft foods.....I did fine........you will too. As I told my nutritionist, I had ONE chip with a tiny bit of dip and a little less than a teaspoon of ice cream.......the rest of what I ate was right on target and I was happy.....my nutritionist said it was fine.....it wasn't as if I ignored my protein requirements and it certainly wasn't as if I went overboard. Bottom line, while we are in weight loss mode, it is really vital to stick to program, but we are human and a tiny slip is better than blowing things totally out of the water.

Glad I could give you some good advice.....you've made my day. Life it good.....life is even better with my sleeve! Have a super weekend!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

sassy64
on 9/23/16 1:07 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

Thank you, you too!

Kerig
on 9/22/16 11:07 am

This is uncalled for.   Unless you are on the Autism spectrum and absolutes and figures of speech are literal interpretations for you and you're unable to "give a little" I don't see what your issue is.  

Perhaps she should have said "Many or most of us were scared", but seriously?   Get a life. 

hollykim
on 9/22/16 11:38 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 22, 2016 at 6:07 PM Pacific Time, Kerig wrote:

This is uncalled for.   Unless you are on the Autism spectrum and absolutes and figures of speech are literal interpretations for you and you're unable to "give a little" I don't see what your issue is.  

Perhaps she should have said "Many or most of us were scared", but seriously?   Get a life. 

maybe it is uncalled for to you, but you don't get to tell me what to post. When she says "all" she is speaking for me as well as herself and I don't need her to speak for me. My experience was different than hers, I wasn't any of the things she mentioned. 

we also don't need a forum nanny, they never last long.

Joshua H.
on 9/21/16 11:14 am
VSG on 10/26/16

I think this is all fairly normal.  From my reading it seems that everyone has a different path and experience getting there.  What's important (in my opinion) is that you are researching things and know what to expect.  We just need to remember that our experience will be our own and past experiences can give you some reasonable ideas of what might happen, your experience will be yours and no one knows what that will be.

Eggface
on 9/21/16 11:38 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Best wishes on your surgery! Remember obesity and related health issues are scary, you have a few things in your control... following your Dr's orders and positive thoughts... focus on those :)

I lost hair from month 4-6, nothing much you can do about, thickening shampoos are $$$ and all they do is thicken what's there not help growth, biotin perhaps (ask your Dr about adding it to your vits post-op) but again that's for regrowth. Get your protein levels up consistently as soon as you are able and water... all good for hair growth. You will notice your hair but everyone else will be focusing on your body ;) and before you know it you'll be feeling itchy new growth. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

LDE83
on 9/21/16 10:47 pm
VSG on 10/12/16
On September 21, 2016 at 1:26 PM Pacific Time, simpleton13 wrote:

I am getting ready to have my sleeve surgery oct 13!!!  I am getting very nervous/scared/anxious!!!  All the things I've read have been amazing and helped a lot (even the few horror stories).  I'm starting at 362lbs my goal is 199lbs.  I'm afraid of the hair loss, any pointers on that?

My sleeve is Oct 12th. I have the same feelings, very nervous but very excited!

Good Luck on your journey!

simpleton13
on 9/22/16 2:57 pm
VSG on 10/26/16

Oh, gosh!!!  Good luck to you as well!!!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/22/16 3:09 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It is normal to be nervous and scared especially if you haven't had major surgery before.  Most of us find that the surgery is much easier than we expected (from a pain and mobility standpoint). 

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Most Active
Recent Topics